123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sitting here afraid to open case.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Upgrading
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zd1billionindebt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Sitting here afraid to open case. Reply with quote

I have a 512mb stick here and I'm afraid to open my 1.4 G4 mini up. I don't want to crack my new baby. Anyone have tips?
idave

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go for it! Just get a putty knife and sand it down to a bevel.
akeros

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you opened it yet?

Me, I've just put a 1Gb ram and looking at tuto pix it was quite easy. I used a thin medium size knife Smile I just inserted the kniffe almost in parallel to the edge of the base then push towards the center of the base and it wil pop a bit. Do same on the other side then you sould be able to open the mini...

If I can do it, you can. Search for tutorial pix in google
Geoarts

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did mine this morning. I used a thin, metal spatula, just one side. It worked fine.
xmen65
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geoarts wrote:
I did mine this morning. I used a thin, metal spatula, just one side. It worked fine.

How much did you put in again 1GB? I had a hard time putting my mini back together. Lining up the top of the case with the ports in back. I finally saw there was a metal tab bend and fixed it.
Geoarts

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, 1GB. One thing that helped me in putting the case back on was to have it placed upsided down. Just as I did to open the case to being with. Just make sure the metal tabs are lined and it went back together pretty easy.

"How much did you put in again 1GB? I had a hard time putting my mini back together. Lining up the top of the case with the ports in back. I finally saw there was a metal tab bend and fixed it"
andy80

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you put the mini back together you need to line the back up first and then push down the front. I tried to force it and bent one of those tabs above the ports as well.

I had a 512MB chip from another PC laying around that I put in. I really want to increase it up to a 1GB one. Very Happy
iMav
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy80 wrote:
I had a 512MB chip from another PC laying around that I put in. I really want to increase it up to a 1GB one. Very Happy

Newegg's got a good deal on a 1GB stick that will work.

$149 is great deal IMHO (especially considering you can buy this one with confidence as it has already been documented to work in the mini)...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DellApple

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 512mb in my mini and plan on at some point upgrading to 1mb but will take it to the Apple store and let them do it for me. I'm a PC builder, but are intimidated by how you have to open the case of the Mac Mini.
LouieMacGoo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DellApple wrote:
I have 512mb in my mini and plan on at some point upgrading to 1mb but will take it to the Apple store and let them do it for me. I'm a PC builder, but are intimidated by how you have to open the case of the Mac Mini.

Dude if you can build a machine you can surely, without a problem put a 1gb RAM stick in this Mac! No Problem at all! Go for it!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Upgrading All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: