123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Extended Warranty Through Credit Cards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:56 am    Post subject: Extended Warranty Through Credit Cards Reply with quote

I have a Visa (Classic). From what I understand I get an additional 1 year warranty on any item I purchase on the card.

Does anyone have any detailed info on how these programs work? Example, do I have to submit proof of purchase within a certain amount of time of the initial purchase.

Basically what's the deal.

I'm sure these companies are going to be a pain in the butt if you tried to make a claim.

Has anyone every made a claim with any success?
What credit card was it?

Also another interesting spin on this topic is home owners insurance. I heard through the MacCast that some homeowners insurance may provide extra benefits. Some companies will provide additional coverage for a nominal fee.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit,

I'm not sure how those programs work. I have a Visa card, and to tell you the truth, I don't even know if I'm covered. I did a little searching around and came up with this. You don't have to submit proof of purchase within a certain amount of time of the initial purchase, but they recommend you register the product. It sounds like you have 60 days after the product fails to report it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: