123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IOGEAR Introduces Bluetooth 2.0 Adapters

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:50 am    Post subject: IOGEAR Introduces Bluetooth 2.0 Adapters Reply with quote

IOGEAR Introduces Bluetooth 2.0 Adapters
Monday December 12, 2005

IOGEAR today announced the launch of its new Class 1 and Class 2 Bluetooth 2.0 USB adapters. "Users can interconnect up to seven Bluetooth devices and transfer even the largest files quickly and easily due to greater bandwidth. The lower power consumption means longer battery life with use on a notebook computer. Consumers simply plug in the IOGEAR USB adapter with Bluetooth wireless technology and are able to share data with Bluetooth-enabled cell phones, PDAs, stereo headphones and printers." The Class 1 adapter offers a wireless range of 330 feet, while the Class 2 adapter offers a wireless range of 66 feet. Pricing has been set at $49.95 for the Class 1 adapter and $39.95 for the Class 2 adapter. Both adapters are compatible with the Mac mini.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/407.html
chinarut

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks like a promising longer-range alternative to the D-Link DBT-120 - does any know or has already tried to get this adapter working with a bluetooth headset?
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chinarut wrote:
This looks like a promising longer-range alternative to the D-Link DBT-120 - does any know or has already tried to get this adapter working with a bluetooth headset?

These adapters are brand new. I'm not sure many people actually have them. To be honest, I'm not sure who's even selling them. It should will work with most BT devices. Iogear is a pretty good company.
chinarut

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I had already posted an update to this thread and it looks like it didn't got through 2 weeks ago.

In any case, I got a reply from a support engineer from IOGEAR and after getting a bluetooth headset, they verified that it won't work with this dongle along with Tiger. Same driver issue. D-Link is the vendor of choice for Apple when it comes to bluetooth dongle and headsets.

Kudos to IOGEAR support for putting the extra effort into verifying this for us!

Now if we can get encourage Apple to support these guys...
caulktel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IOGear also replied to me with the same info.So I have purchased this dongle, and am waiting on UPS. I will post in a few days to let everyone know if it works as they say it will with the Mini and my Bluetooth headset.

http://www.bluetake.com/Products/BT007Ex.htm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: