123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

G4 and iMovie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aware

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:15 am    Post subject: G4 and iMovie Reply with quote

Hello to all,
I had a Mac mini for ages sitting in the garage.
PowerPC G4 @ 1,42Ghz and 512MB ram
It has iMovie HD installed but I wish to install iMovie 10 that has so nice and sleek themes (I witnessed them on an iPad and was super-impressed) but I can't install any upgrade or any .dmg.
I get errors of "no mountable" and I also try to update the Mac OS (current 10.9.3) but it says it's updated! It's just impossibe; the PC hasn't been updated for more than 10 years!
I just wish that if I update the Mac OS then the iMovie will eventually install?

Am I just dreaming and all these are impossible feats for my old friend?

Thanks in advance
Rolling Eyes
aware

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody?
saul

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From http://mactracker.ca/ it says that 10.5.8 is the maximum OS for your machine. Best installed via DVD-ROM.
iMovie 10 needs 10.9 so you are out of luck. iMovie '09 would be the latest you could run.
aware

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the answer
I actually have 10.3.9 and the highest compatible version is the imovie HD 6 which is the one I already have and isn't that good as the latest versions.
Problem is that I can't upgrade my iOS. it seems impossible
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: