123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

(Solved) Boot up not working-circle with a line through it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Desktops
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geordiejohn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject: (Solved) Boot up not working-circle with a line through it? Reply with quote

Hello when I booted up my mac mini 2014 the other day it was saying restore system and when I tried it said cannot install this system,after turning off and on again all I get now is a circle with a line through it?
I have a windows keyboard and I have holding alt button and although and r together and even windows key and r button but nothing is working,any ideas on what to do now please?
thanks.

Last edited by geordiejohn on Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:55 am; edited 1 time in total
saul

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Symbol means can't boot from disk. Try booting with the left Windows and R. Or try both alt and Windows and R. You need to hold it from the chime on for sometimes 60 seconds. I start holding as soon as I hit the power button.
You may be best to take it in to an Apple store Genius Bar. There are some cases where a real Apple keyboard is needed.
geordiejohn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you I have got an appointment with the Apple store in Stratford.
geordiejohn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i managed to find a wired keyboard in the loft and got to recovery and Apple told me how to reinstall and all back to normal now,thanks for reply.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Desktops All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: