123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

File sharing with a Mini

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WCWalker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:24 pm    Post subject: File sharing with a Mini Reply with quote

I am trying to figure out how to send a .wav or .mp3 audio file from a distant location from a Mac laptop via a wifi connection to my Mac Mini's(2011 and 2012 models) so that the audio files will remain intact and can be inserted into a specific file on each computer. I will be using each Mini for radio automation and the software can find a file for playback if it is either on the hard drive or a portable hard drive as long as it is connected to the computer.

Is there a way to get these files from a Mac Laptop from a location several miles to over 100 miles into each Mac to scheduling and playback? Email is not an option due to the file size and also the inability to get the file into the computer files.
ez061111
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you looking for an automatic solution or one where somebody is involved?
WCWalker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prefer automatic. I have found that I can file share easily with Air Drop but that is limited to 30 feet. I've also done file sharing through the Sharing feature in the Preferences menu in the Finder. But I don't know if that is something I can do from a remote location that is miles from my home or if there is a range limitation.
WCWalker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may have found something that will work.

http://osxdaily.com/2011/09/30/remote-login-ssh-server-mac-os-x/

If I am reading this correctly I will be able to send a file from my remote computer to my Mac Mini with the automation software and have it read it and play it. Probably works with Drag and Drop.

If anyone has any experience with this please chime in and let us know your experiences with it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: