123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple repair / fix - without access to my hard drive ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
macfandave

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:22 am    Post subject: Apple repair / fix - without access to my hard drive ? Reply with quote

I have to get my mac mini fixed, some strange kind of popping sound with line out...

I will password protect both my windows 7 boot camp and Yosemite os's...as I don't want them snooping around my personal files etc

Will they use an external hard drive to test etc or do they have a way of bypassing at least the OSX installation ?
saul

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They usually do ask for the password since it is a lot less work for them. Most Apple Geniuses are smart enough to use a USB, etc. drive to boot OSX from but it makes things slow. And if you are giving them more work they are less likely to give their best help.

What you should do is create another partition and install a clean OSX on it.

If you are getting live service - you may want to bring the speaker that reproduces the problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: