123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

El Capitan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac OS X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DonCarlos

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:42 am    Post subject: El Capitan Reply with quote

Got it today. Not a drastic change from Yosemite, but I like it. And free is always good.
-2006 iMac G5/PowerPC/2 GB RAM
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: El Capitan Reply with quote

DonCarlos wrote:
Got it today. Not a drastic change from Yosemite, but I like it. And free is always good.
What big changes do you see in this ?It took me 12 hours to download this .
saul

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is disappointing is that there really hasn't been much change in OSX in recent years. Overall it is moving along but nothing revolutionary.
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:00 pm    Post subject: OSX Reply with quote

saul wrote:
What is disappointing is that there really hasn't been much change in OSX in recent years. Overall it is moving along but nothing revolutionary.
I agree only small increments happen.A bit faster perhaps.
Fox
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are using Microsoft Outlook 2011 for email and you connect to an exchange server, you might want to hold off on upgrading to El Capitan. The two don't get along and you get a spinning beachball when you launch it and connect to an exchange server. There are some suggested fixes; none worked for me. Had I known, I would have waited. Microsoft is aware of the problem; I hope they release a fix very soon.
MJL

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:46 am    Post subject: El Capitan, diskutil and RAID 1 Reply with quote

Diskutil in El Capitan has no longer the option to create a RAID. Many recommend either using a thrid party piece of software or else using the terminal command windows. No longer confident enoguh to do the latter and the third party option is expensive.

Easiest way is to make sure that you have a Time Machine backup of a previous version and boot off that and use then disk util in that. This worked on my 2012 mac mini with Yosemite.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac OS X All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: