123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Updates and Lowers Price of MacBook Air

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:54 pm    Post subject: Apple Updates and Lowers Price of MacBook Air Reply with quote

Apple Updates and Lowers Price of MacBook Air
Tuesday, April 29, 2014
Posted by: Staff

Apple today updated the MacBook Air with faster processors and lower prices. Now starting at $899, the MacBook Air features faster 1.4GHz processors, fast flash storage, 802.11ac Wi-Fi, and up to 12 hours of battery life. In fact, Apple is claiming this update adds up to two hours of battery life for iTunes movie playback.

"With MacBook Air starting at $899, there's no reason to settle for anything less than a Mac," said Philip Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. "Macs have never been more popular, and today we've boosted the performance and lowered the price of MacBook Air so even more people can experience the perfect everyday notebook."

The 11-inch MacBook Air comes with a 1.4 GHz processor with Turbo Boost speeds up to 2.7 GHz, 4GB of memory and is available with 128GB of flash storage starting at $899, and 256GB of flash storage starting at $1,099. The 13-inch MacBook Air comes with a 1.4 GHz processor with Turbo Boost speeds up to 2.7 GHz, 4GB of memory and is available with 128GB of flash storage starting at $999, and 256GB of flash storage starting at $1,199.

It should also be noted that Apple cut the prices of 2012 and 2013 refurbished MacBook Airs across the board today.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/2104.html
WheelSpinners
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More for less is always good, but I'd still like to have a higher resolution screen in the 13" model. Heck, even 1920 x 1080 would be more attractive.
Bigbadbugga

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if they will do a similar stealth update on the mini Very Happy
curt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm beginning to think the next Mac mini update is going to be a substantial one. Not just a move to Haswell and 802.11ac. I'm also thinking it will coincide with the release of a new 4K Thunderbolt display.

Not much happening with this MBA update beyond the new pricing. I mean, that's fine, but the low resolution TCN displays are getting a little long in the tooth. The rest is pretty perfect as far as battery life, design, weight, and port selection go. Unless they could sneak an HDMI port in there like found on the MBPr.
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome dont get me wrong but when i can purchase a older model from amazon for 400.00 that also handles mavericks and comes in a new never been opened box i think i would rather pay 400.00 versus 899.99 which by the time you get sales taxes it goes back to 910.00 not much of a savings
Texark

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wondering why a firmware or Mavericks update couldn't bring the same improvements in iTunes battery life to the 2013 Haswell models? They are essentially the same computers with the same hardware. It's kind of strange, don't you think?
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texark wrote:
I'm wondering why a firmware or Mavericks update couldn't bring the same improvements in iTunes battery life to the 2013 Haswell models? They are essentially the same computers with the same hardware. It's kind of strange, don't you think?

From what I understand it's just the faster processor that gave t increased run time on iTunes movies. I guess it doesn't have to work as hard.
MrMini

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish they would make a dual boot Macbook with IOS and Mavericks..

Similar to the ASUS Book Trio:

http://www.asus.com/in-search-of-incredible/us-en/asus-transformer-book-trio/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: