123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Imac 20 Inch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> General Mac Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrMini

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:32 pm    Post subject: Imac 20 Inch Reply with quote

As you can see I changed over to a IMac, yes I know, but it was a good deal. I found a NOS Imac 20 inch on Amazon, so hopefully I can keep coming here. I always wanted to go back to SL.
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Mac will run Mavericks. I have the model before 2.0GHz Core 2 Duo and it runs Mavericks fine. (4GB Ram)

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G
6TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 6TB Drobo S
MrMini

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, but for now I am sticking with SL. I did not know that. Later on I might upgrade HD to 1TB.
MrMini

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
That Mac will run Mavericks. I have the model before 2.0GHz Core 2 Duo and it runs Mavericks fine. (4GB Ram)

How did you get it to run Mavericks?
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Imac 20 Inch Reply with quote

MrMini wrote:
As you can see I changed over to a IMac, yes I know, but it was a good deal. I found a NOS Imac 20 inch on Amazon, so hopefully I can keep coming here. I always wanted to go back to SL.

I retired my mini a few years ago and I've been using an iMac ever since then. Of course you are welcome here.

BTW I may get a mini again some day for home theatre. There are times when my Apple TV annoys me.
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrMini wrote:
Cypher wrote:

I'm not sure which way I did it now. I have three Mac's.

On one of them I think I did via the app store update, but I've also created a bootable USB image of the installer and done clean installs.

MrMini

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
MrMini wrote:
Cypher wrote:

I'm not sure which way I did it now. I have three Mac's.

On one of them I think I did via the app store update, but I've also created a bootable USB image of the installer and done clean installs.

Yea it won't let me download by App store. Says OS X Mavericks cannot be installed on this computer. Per Apple my computer is too old..
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe something has changed then or mine was a slightly higher spec than yours although mine was only a 2.0GHz Core 2 Duo so I doubt it. Although it might be something like your graphics card is not supported. I'm not using mine at the moment but I'll fire it up and have a play with it later.

Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just set up my iMac and booted it into Mavericks.

It had a 1TB drive which I'd partitioned to have three versions of Mac OS X running. Its currently setup for 10.6.6, 10.8.3, and 10.9 haven't been using it in a while due to the graphics glitch so its not been updated in a while.

I think I would have installed 10.8.3 and then downloaded the Mavericks installer. Then when installing I would have specified the empty partition as the install location to do a clean install.

I'm just installing the 10.9.2 Combo on it now.

Apple Spec's for Mavericks state minimum requires
    OS X v10.6.8 or later
    2GB of memory
    8GB of available space

Supported Models
    iMac (Mid 2007 or newer)

Mine is a Mid 2007 Smile

{edit}
I've typed this on my Mac Mini whilst the combo update was installing on the iMac and after completing the initial post I went back to the iMac to login and test out 10.9.2. As expected my graphics glitch had returned I was unable to login as the graphics had already frozen Twisted Evil Every F***ing time I update the iMac this problems returns and I have to jump through hoops patching the graphics drivers. Thats why I gave up on it and left it sat in a corner for the last 4 months and why I started using the Mini as my main computer.

Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update on the Mavericks issue. I've now patched the video drivers with the ones from before my troubles started (10.6.2) yes 4 years ago now when 10.6.3 came out was when it all started and no fix or acknowledgement from Apple in all that time.

So I'm now back with 10.9.2 Mavericks albeit with 10.6.2 video drivers, running on a Mid 2007 20" iMac 2.0Ghz core 2 duo.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> General Mac Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: