123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question about iPod Touch [Instagram]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MacUser_Since_1986

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:39 am    Post subject: Question about iPod Touch [Instagram] Reply with quote

Got an interesting question:

If I bought a late-model iPod Touch (say, one of the refurbished IT's in the Apple Refurb Store) and used this iPod as a camera, would I be able to do the following things with Instagram?

(1: Use the iPod Touch as a digital camera, then go to a WiFi hotspot, use the iOS Instagram app to upload photos to an Instagram account

(2: Take photos with another camera (I have a Canon Digital Rebel SLR), transfer a photo (or photos) to the iPod manually, and then upload the Rebel's transferred photos to Instagram via WiFi?

(3: Use the iPod Touch on-the-road (or transfer from another camera via a laptop) and connect to a cellular WiFi hotspot to upload photos to an Instagram account. [In places where there are (a: usable cellular service, and (b: someone offers a cellular WiFi hot-spot thingy available.]

(4: Use a late-model iPod Touch with GoPro's remote control app to interface with a GoPro Hero3 videocam.

I live in a mountainous area where cellular phone service is spotty at best, so I never seriously considered an iPhone. Too many "dead zones" where it doesn't matter how much your cell costs or what it can do, it just won't work. So using an iPhone seems impractical to me.

I have a first-generation iPod, and I'm wondering what a late-model iPod Touch could do to get me hooked up to Instagram and other similar photo-sharing social media services without wasting money on a smartphone that won't work in these hills.

What do you think?
aquaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are all feasible options. A fifth-generation iPod touch with the 5MP camera would be my iPod of choice though. It's the only one with a respectable camera. You might also look into something like the Wi-Fi Galaxy Camera from Samsung. It supports Instagram and takes really nice pictures. It would also offering better zooming and ISO options. I mean, if that is your main reason for buying such a device.
MacUser_Since_1986

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The primary purpose of getting an iPod Touch would be to use it as an iPod (music). The secondary purpose would be to use it as an Instagram cam.
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes and no let me explain.

you might be better with a galaxy note they run 174.00 on up and the nice thing is they have instagram and the gopro software as well and they are mac compatible with the android file transfer app and even nicer with them is you get a 16 mp camera not a 5 mp.

Now for your canon camera if you want a solution!!!

It's called Eye Fi you can order the sd card online its a wireless sd card that uploads directly to your computer from your camera no need for usb cables and even nicer you can then upload them to instagram and everywhere else i would check on that but you need a camera that support sdhc
OtisSeldon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you know that the mobile phone signal jammer can cut off the signals of the mobile phones and soon make it impossible to make phone calls or send messages. In this way when you need the peaceful condition and want to stay in it, you can just use the best mobile phone jammer to help you achieve your goal. And now as the technology develops with high speed the advanced wireless jamming has come into the market and are well welcomed by the group of people who need the jammer product.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPhone, iPod touch and iPad All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: