123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Money better spent

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rockysv

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:05 pm    Post subject: Money better spent Reply with quote

I'm trying to figure out what to do with my 2006 Mini i want to get the memory up HD to 500G

The guy at the Apple store thought i might be better off upping my Fios to 25/50

My buddy thinks more memory and a 500g SSD

a new Mini with 4G and 500 G HD is $599
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Money better spent Reply with quote

Rockysv wrote:
I'm trying to figure out what to do with my 2006 Mini i want to get the memory up HD to 500G

The guy at the Apple store thought i might be better off upping my Fios to 25/50

My buddy thinks more memory and a 500g SSD

a new Mini with 4G and 500 G HD is $599
Wait for the new ones to come out pretty soon.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might try selling your Mac mini and using the proceeds towards a new Mac mini with better specs. At least something 2009 or above that can run Mavericks. Perhaps even a 2012 refurb at $509 through Apple. The money you'd spend on those upgrades and the proceeds from the sale probably get you there.
Rockysv

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Devo

the more i think of it --i'm looking that way
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockysv wrote:
Thanks Devo

the more i think of it --i'm looking that way
I will sell you mine. 2011 model with 8 gigs of memory . Regular model.
sje

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although some computers eight or more years old can still be useful, I'd be cautious about spending much money on upgrades for one. And that's particularly true for any old Mac for which Apple has dropped support long ago.

For most purchasers, Apple promises only five years of support, and that support doesn't guarantee software upgrades or compatibility with Apple's Internet services. It does include parts availability, but at Apple's prices which may be higher than the value of the computer, even after repair or upgrade.

However, Apple is not the only source for Mini improvements. Owners of even the oldest Mini model who've converted to Linux can get OS and application updates weekly for free over the net.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: