123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2006 IMac : Project multiboot multibeast

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Desktops
View previous topic :: View next topic  
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:56 am    Post subject: 2006 IMac : Project multiboot multibeast Reply with quote

So I purchased a nice used iMac 2006 white model for 150.00 from amazon.com my plans are not to run maverick or ml but to multi boot several o.s options

currently my system specs are as follows.

Imac 2006 Core 2 duo 2.6 Ghz

2 gig's of ram

1 Tb hard drive

Now i have purchased one of these for my mother which she enjoyed a lot and i am planing on trying something very bold!!!

I am going to multi partition this machine because i would like to run all version's of mac os x that this machine supports for older and newer programs and programs that only work on this model of iMac and the o.s it was intended for don't really care about online.

So here is what i am going to do.

1. format and multi partition the hard drive creating multiple partition's

this should allow the install of.

Mac os x 10.4 Tiger intel original restore disk's

Mac os x 10.5 Leopard intel original apple store purchased dvd disk

mac os x 10.6 snow leopard install disk original

mac os x 10.7 Lion

Windows Vista using bootcamp

2. hard drive size not a factor in this installation as i use externals via firewire as it is

only thing i see is i have multi partitioned before with 10.6 and 10.7 on the same drive no issues there however have not tried tiger nor leopard so it might turn into a total cluster duck of a experience

I will give a update soon!!!
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comcast messed up my internet trying to get back up and running here will give a update later tonight on the progress.
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE:

decided to keep at snow tried everything it worked once then crashed oh well still a good snow machine
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Desktops All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: