123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Xbox One vs Playstation 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Xbox One vs Playstation 4 Reply with quote

Is anyone here interested in buying either of these devices? If so, which one are you buying? I've been reading the reviews and can't really decide which one is better for the casual gamer. What might be some of the other selling points that sold you beyond gaming? The TV integration of the Xbox One seems to be getting less than stellar reviews, but it also sounds like MS has more content deals for streaming. That might be another selling point for a casual gamer like myself. To be honest, I wish Apple would just do something great with apps for the Apple TV. Just imagine all the cool games we could be playing on the thing as a standalone box.
iLife's a Bitch!
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always bought the Playstation the day they came out. 1,2&3.
I'm going to pas this time around.
I myself would also be more interested in seeing Apple add iOS options to Apple TV. They'd have a real winner.
Smithcraft
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say I'm an XBox fanboy, but it was the only way to play Halo(and Steel Battalion), so I took that path. I'm fairly certain my distain for Sony is pretty well known.

Anyways -

I think both the XBox One and the PS4 are great systems.

The problem I've had with the PlayStations, has been the controller. I've found the grips to be very uncomfortable, and more painful, for extended sessions. However, the PS4 controller is quite nice.

However the biggest factor for me is the policies that Microsoft wanted to shove down the XBox One users throat. While they have reversed all of the policies, I just don't trust Microsoft to not go back and and say they are re-implementing them.

I think for the casual gamer, the PS4 is the better deal. As I understand it, on the PS4 the Netfilx app can be used without being a premium user, but on the XBox One you have to have a live subscription to use Netflix.

Also, Microsoft is pretty stingy with the free games, whereas with the premium subscription on the PS4, it seems you get more free games than you can shake a stick at.

So, while I'm not in the market for a new console (I still think I have plenty to enjoy on my two Xboxes) I would go with the PS4.

SC

[Desktop] Intel mini - 2.16Ghz 2GB 60GB HDD - Newer miniStack v2 500GB - 10.5.8

[Media System] Intel i5 mini - 2.33Ghz 8GB 500GB HDD - 4 x Hitachi 2TB HDD in a qBOX-SF - 10.7.5 (Thanks Phil!)

Make sure it has pins!
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
I've always bought the Playstation the day they came out. 1,2&3.
I'm going to pas this time around.
I myself would also be more interested in seeing Apple add iOS options to Apple TV. They'd have a real winner.

Same boat. I just don't play enough games anymore to make it worth the purchase.

I'd also like to see that happen with the Apple TV. And I think they have more than enough horsepower with the A7. They also have logical game controllers in iOS devices and BT on board for something in the form of a dedicated controller. I mean... the opportunity seems right there for the taking. Especially seeing that Apple is trying to broaden their revenue streams now that some of their other product lines are in mature markets. I guess they could also do something with a TV, but I don't think that would have as large of a reach. Just based on the probable price and stuff.
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going ps4 i have playstation plus which has blessed me with 139 free games to date on the ps3 can't wait for the ps4
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently trying to get a used PS3 version of GTA V for $35 used on Kijiji. Likely I will get it within a day or 2. People are selling it for $35, but I don't want to drive across the city to pick it up. I posted a wanted ad for sellers within my area of the city. With gas prices as high as they are I may as well drive to Walmart and pick it up, if I can't find a deal close to me.

Enjoy your PS4 macman
MaDDuck

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wii u is looking good this year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: