123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Idiot's Guide to installing Windows 8 From DVD Needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Alternative Operating Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bluenose

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Idiot's Guide to installing Windows 8 From DVD Needed Reply with quote

I'll supply the idiot if someone can help

I have a proper OEM copy of Windows 8 on DVD - I tied using bootcamp but got in a awful fankle (Scottish work for a mess) - and it wouldn't install on the partition I thought I had created on my second hard drive.

I have a 2011 Macmini - an apple super drive - a cd with the bootcamp drivers from the Apple website that Bootcamp assistant wrote. I have a flashdrive available if needed.

Can any "Guru" in the know do me an idiot's guide to installing Windows 8 (I know it's possible)

I ran the prerelease copy from an iso with Virtual Box - but would like to be able to dualboot Windows 8 to allow me to run some sophisticated CAD design software from work at home

Regards & Thanks - Your friendly neighbourhood idiot!!!!!
MrMini

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have read some have had trouble installing Windows 8 on a Mac, but I have Windows 7 installed with no problems, try that
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok question when you say pre release do you mean the 8.1 preview its worthless on all core 2 duo macintosh computers it won't run because it requires a new command that the core 2 duos can't understand
saul

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The question was from January. They might have figured it out.

My guess is the problem was trying to install on the 2nd hard drive. I remember issues with that.
PatriaCoutee

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this modern and high technology world which is also called the “information era”. There is no doubt that people now want to own the life that is safe and free and do the thing that they like and want to do. And usually such kind of life is not so easy to own for some people and as they are monitored by some device. If so the WiFi Signal Jammer can be your good assistant.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Alternative Operating Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: