123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Upgraded RAM Mini Will Boot but no Audio cue/Video display

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rkelly

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Upgraded RAM Mini Will Boot but no Audio cue/Video display Reply with quote

Hello,

I recently cracked open my miniA1283 to upgrade the RAM. I made sure that when I did so I reconnected the antennas & ribbon leading from the mobo to the superdrive in the rear of the unit. I have seen guides where they mention disconnecting the HD sensor in front, but I did not unplug that and as far as I can tell is connected.

After replacing the RAM I turned the mini on I get the light on the front of the unit to turn on for a few seconds, then the light goes out momentarily, then the light goes on and stays on. I tried putting the old RAM back in with the same result.

I'm not sure what I did wrong? The 3 main connections as I understand it are the ribbon in back running from the MOBO to the board on the superdrive, the sensor in front (which I did not touch) and the antennas.

I have a mini display port-->hdmi adapter I tried on my TV (Panasonic LED) and computer monitor (Asus).

In short I get no audio cue and no video display.

I work in IT and have disassembled many PC's in my day but this is the first go at a MAC. I made sure there was no static discharge, etc when working on the unit.

Thanks for any and all help!
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it most likely is having a power supply issue or a ram issue.

go to www.ifixit.com and look up the whole tutorial on another machine and see what goes where and try again
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: