123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

iPhoto question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> New Users and Switchers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yardbird

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: iPhoto question Reply with quote

I started putting all my photos in iPhoto. Now I discover that since iPhoto keeps all of those photos in a "container", that if I'm on a web site and want to upload a photo, I can't just browse through iPhoto and pick it... I have to EXPORT it first? That seems like kind of a pain in the butt. For a LOT of things it would mean keeping my photos in a directory as photos and then ALSO keeping them in iPhoto. Kinda counterproductive. Am I doing something wrong or is there a trick to this I haven't figured out?
yardbird

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figured it out! When you're on a site that's asking you to choose a file to upload, Finder opens with another section for Media! I didn't see it because I had to make the Finder window bigger.
Well played, Apple.
Well played...
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Mac handles it better than Windows. I get so frustrated with windows having to continually navigate folder structures to get the location I want, even when your working on multiple files it keeps defaulting to the same My Documents location.

On the Mac I find it better but I also use a application called Default Folder X, which gives an overlay around the save or open dialog and gives you a lot of shortcuts to your favourite and frequently accessed location. My favourite feature is you can just click where you want it to work, say on your desktop or in another finder window thats already open and the save/ open dialog will immediately start using that location.

If you do stuff like this a lot check out Default Folder X.

http://www.stclairsoft.com/DefaultFolderX/

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G
6TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 6TB Drobo S
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> New Users and Switchers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: