Joined: 21 Jan 2005
|Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:06 pm Post subject: Apple Releases Aperture 3.5 Update
|Apple Releases Aperture 3.5 Update
Tuesday, October 22, 2013
Posted by: Staff
Apple today released the Aperture 3.5 Update via their Mac App Store. According to the company, this update includes the following improvements:
- Adds support for iCloud Photo Sharing, including the ability to post videos to shared photo streams and to have multiple subscribers contribute to a shared stream.
- The Places feature now uses Apple maps to display photo locations.
- New integration with SmugMug, with support for publishing and syncing galleries directly to a SmugMug account.
- Adds support for iOS 7 camera filters applied to photos imported from iOS devices.
- Fixes an issue that sometimes resulted in Retouch adjustments not being applied to exported images.
- Addresses an issue that could cause the black and white points in Curves to shift incorrectly when using the eyedropper tools.
- Fixes a problem that prevented caption data from being embedded correctly when exporting versions of some RAW file types.
- Improves reliability when adding names to Faces.
- Addresses an issue that could cause Aperture to hang after adjusting a very large panorama.
- Fixes a problem that could prevent memory cards or hard disks from ejecting properly after import when clicking the Delete Items button.
- Improves reliability of slideshows on a 15" Macbook Pro with Retina display.
- Addresses an issue that could cause thumbnails to display incorrectly in the iLife Media Browser.
- Videos up to three minutes long can now be shared to Flickr.
- Captions instead of version names are now synced between Aperture and Facebook for newly-created albums.
- Improves reliability when printing a light table.
- Fixes an issue that could prevent adjusted images from being published to My Photo Stream.
- Includes stability and performance improvements..
The Aperture 3.5 Update weighs in at 557 MB and require OS X 10.9 or later.