123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Go to war or not with Syria

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Go to war or not with Syria Reply with quote

Should we go to war with Syria or not in your opinion?
MrMini

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Go to war or not with Syria Reply with quote

marv777 wrote:
Should we go to war with Syria or not in your opinion?

hell NO..why should we die for them?
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have mixed feelings on this one. It's hard to stand bye and watch chemical weapons used on women and children, but I hate to see us enter another war or conflict. I'd like see a little more diplomacy on this one before we do anything. And if we do something, the strikes should be strictly on military targets. Targets that are nowhere near civilians. I don't want to see pictures on TV of woman and children being killed by our stray or malfunctioning weapons.
Smithcraft
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have mixed feelings. I would hate for the US, which is already involved in campaigns across the globe, to be put into another drawn out quagmire.

And what is the point? Go in, and "punish" the current government, but don't achieve any real long term objective 'cuz the SOB will still be in power, OR go in and stick around for a few years to install a new government?

SC

[Desktop] Intel mini - 2.16Ghz 2GB 60GB HDD - Newer miniStack v2 500GB - 10.5.8

[Media System] Intel i5 mini - 2.33Ghz 8GB 500GB HDD - 4 x Hitachi 2TB HDD in a qBOX-SF - 10.7.5 (Thanks Phil!)

Make sure it has pins!
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fed up of the UK and US being the worlds police force. We're hated world wide for intervening in Iran, Afghanistan, Libya and now on the flip side we're hated if we stand back and leave people to suffer.

As far as I'm concerned its some one elses turn to step in this time, the UK and US have lost enough good men and women trying to help out and this time we should take a back seat and let someone else do it. Maybe the Russian's and the Chinese will sort it out eh

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G
6TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 6TB Drobo S
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
Maybe the Russian's and the Chinese will sort it out eh

Not as long as they are selling them the weapons or helping in their development.

I totally agree with you guys though. The US and UK shouldn't be the world's police. That being said, who else can really step up to these challenges? If we turn the other way, it could also make things worse in the long run. These crazy leaders will know that nobody will or can hold them responsible.
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
Not as long as they are selling them the weapons or helping in their development.

hence the "... eh" Wink

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G
6TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 6TB Drobo S
Y-Guy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only no but hell no!

This is a Civil War first of all, we need to learn to stay the hell out of things like this. This likens back to our history in Vietnam, once again the US and Russian on opposite sides. We've played two sides of this country with being friendly with Asad and now cuddling up to Al Qaeda (WTF?).

I read an alarming statistic about Afghanistan that further reinforces my thoughts. In the 12 years of the war in Afghanistan some 73% of the military casualties been during the Obama Administration tenure. We are not fighting with a plan and we've handcuffed our military to much to have clear and defined objectives. Let's remember the use of military force should be limited and used when our National interests are at risk.

This is war of proxies, though I am greatly disturbed by the Chemical weapons use it's also clear that we do not have the support of other countries like we did with Iraq or even Afghanistan. Let's face it the UN is a large joke and unable to address these issues.
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope this doesn't come out wrong, but I just don't care about the Middle East anymore. The people over there are constantly fighting with each other and it's never going to change. I say we stay out of these things until it becomes a security issue for own country. Then it's on like Donkey Kong. Plus, I would rather spend the money here on our own kids, schools, police, infrastructure, and healthcare.
iLife's a Bitch!
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Syria Reply with quote

g5g5 wrote:
I hope this doesn't come out wrong, but I just don't care about the Middle East anymore. The people over there are constantly fighting with each other and it's never going to change. I say we stay out of these things until it becomes a security issue for own country. Then it's on like Donkey Kong. Plus, I would rather spend the money here on our own kids, schools, police, infrastructure, and healthcare.
I agree with you on this 100%. Stay in our own backyard! We have plenty of problems here to fix.
Smithcraft
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And, I'm not sure, but I think we've lost interest in Syria.

After all, it's football season!

SC

[Desktop] Intel mini - 2.16Ghz 2GB 60GB HDD - Newer miniStack v2 500GB - 10.5.8

[Media System] Intel i5 mini - 2.33Ghz 8GB 500GB HDD - 4 x Hitachi 2TB HDD in a qBOX-SF - 10.7.5 (Thanks Phil!)

Make sure it has pins!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: