123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Latest movie you have seen?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 77, 78, 79, 80  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Is The End. One word, funny.
helicoil

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:01 am    Post subject: World War Z(ed) Reply with quote

World War Z(ed)

Me and the Mrs went to see the 3d version yesterday afternoon at the local cinema.
We both emerged blinking into the afternoon sunshine saying "wow! what a great flick".
Ignore the critics who give it a caning and the pundits searching for hidden meaning and some sort of political commentary -it's a great zombie flick!
The 3d is pretty cool too, more than once I ducked to dodge helicopter tail rotors Wink

Put it on your "To Do" list.
Orange Micro Terror
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despicable Me 2. I didn't think it was as good as the first one, but my daughter absolutely loved it.
Smithcraft
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw The Lone Ranger. Shoulda been called Tonto instead. Depp steals the show.

If you've read the book Robert Rodriquez wrote about El Mariachi, the Disney chapter might seem very familiar to The Lone Ranger.

I'm not really a fan of Westerns, and I never really watched the show when I was a kid. As a Western, it's pretty good. As a reboot of the Lone Ranger I'm not sure.

SC

[Desktop] Intel mini - 2.16Ghz 2GB 60GB HDD - Newer miniStack v2 500GB - 10.5.8

[Media System] Intel i5 mini - 2.33Ghz 8GB 500GB HDD - 4 x Hitachi 2TB HDD in a qBOX-SF - 10.7.5 (Thanks Phil!)

Make sure it has pins!
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Lone ranger Reply with quote

Smithcraft wrote:
Saw The Lone Ranger. Shoulda been called Tonto instead. Depp steals the show.

If you've read the book Robert Rodriquez wrote about El Mariachi, the Disney chapter might seem very familiar to The Lone Ranger.

I'm not really a fan of Westerns, and I never really watched the show when I was a kid. As a Western, it's pretty good. As a reboot of the Lone Ranger I'm not sure.

SC
Compare the original one with Clayton compared to the newest one which is better in your opinion? Question
Smithcraft
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said, I never saw the original(or more than an episode - After all, a silly western compared to The Twilight Zone or Star Trek? ) so I can't say.

SC

[Media System] Intel i5 mini - 2.33Ghz 8GB 500GB HDD - 4 x Hitachi 2TB HDD in a qBOX-SF - 10.7.5 (Thanks Phil!)

Make sure it has pins!
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Movies Reply with quote

Smithcraft wrote:
Like I said, I never saw the original(or more than an episode - After all, a silly western compared to The Twilight Zone or Star Trek? ) so I can't say.

SC
Twilight Zone was a classic.
blazer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved the reruns of the Lone Ranger growing up. I think I even had some action figures and memorabilia. I was planning on going to the movie, but some of the reviews scared me away. Now SC has me thinking twice. I also had a friend in my FB feed today say how he enjoyed it. I do like Johnny Depp too. Even though he's sort of become a character of himself in recent movies.
2.5GHz Core i5 Mac mini (2011)
24" Dell LCD & 42" Sharp TV
EyeTV 250 Plus
1G, 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G iPod nanos
16GB 3G iPhone
Smithcraft
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just remember - I'm not a fan of westerns. Or at least all the lame ones I grew up watching on the iDiot box.

Also remember - Reboots exist to pillage your childhood! Some are better than others

SC

Make sure it has pins!
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Lone Ranger Reply with quote

Smithcraft wrote:
Just remember - I'm not a fan of westerns. Or at least all the lame ones I grew up watching on the iDiot box.

Also remember - Reboots exist to pillage your childhood! Some are better than others

SC
Sometimes I watch the old re runs of the Lone ranger on You Tube brings back good memories to me.
scooper
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despicable Me 2. I love those Minions and the world they have created.
Smithcraft
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw Man Of Steel yesterday. Very enjoyable despite Zack Snyder's complete inability to film any fight scene. I think that the sensibility that someone actually thought about being Clark Kent/Superman, and the way that he would react in the world and the way the Kryptonians exist with our young sun comes all from Nolan, so I have to give him a thumbs up!

I think that Cavill was a pretty good Superman, even when comparing him to Christopher Reeve. Amy Adams is a pretty good Lois. I never really saw any chemistry between Reeves and Kidder, and Cavill and Adams seem to really mesh. Russell Crowe, not bad as Jor El. Poor Shannon, he has to compare with Terence Stamp! Still I liked him as Zod but it's tough to not think of Terence Stamp. Very Roman though, almost as if he had just walked off of the set for Gladiator 2. Costner as Pa Kent, is just about as golden a casting choice as Glenn Ford was to play that part.

Then there is the Ursa woman. I know she isn't Ursa, but she might as well be. Man, I think I've found my new wife!

I hear there is some controversy over the ending, but I didn't have any issues with the ending, and I haven't bothered to look up what the controversy is, but I'm guessing it's about the conclusion to the Zod/Superman fight.

I would like to see this version of Superman move forward, and I hope they can come up with a good choice for Lex Luthor. Gene Hackman and Kevin Spacey were both great Luthors, so that standard is pretty high also.

SC

Make sure it has pins!
Smithcraft
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw The Wolverine last night. I was wondering if it was based on the Claremont/Miller limited series or something newer that Geof Darrow might have worked on. I really miss Christopher Nolan's sensibility in making the comic book characters almost seem to fit into reality, as The Wolverine feels like a comic book story rather than what Nolan does.

Otherwise, pretty rocking entertainment, but it does have at least two major stumbling points in the plot towards the end. There is some profanity, which really seems like it's out of place and thrown in just to throw it in.

SC

ps - There isn't anything after the credits, but there is a bit during the credits.

Make sure it has pins!
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Into the White. Just watched it on Netflix and it's pretty darn good. It's with that kid from the Harry Potter movies. The one that plays Ron.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1876277/
Smithcraft
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched Dredd at work tonight.

Pros - He doesn't take the helmet off! Maintains scowl through out the movie. Gory as can be!

Cons - Story doesn't flow well. Made for 3D with all the stupid in your face visuals that get really old, really fast in 2D. Not imaged in Simon Bisleys style!

SC

Make sure it has pins!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 77, 78, 79, 80  Next
Page 78 of 80

Jump to: