123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OSX 10.9 and IOS 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac OS X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fiat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: OSX 10.9 and IOS 7 Reply with quote

Hi, Has anyone run osx 10.9 beta? Also iso7? I have found iso7 'flat' UI (icon, dock, etc) terribly ugly/backward to old Windows style (at least my opinion). So I have scrapped upgrading my ipad to the new ios for now. This hit me a big warning on the upcoming osx 10.9. Just wondering if it will come along with ios7 making this ridiculous change in UI? Any 10.9 beta user see this coming? Please, answer be "no". But thanks for hint any way.
Smithcraft
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have lost interest in OS X past 10.6.

I think most of us have seen it coming since 10.7, but when the UI in OS X becomes iOS X is anyones guess.

SC

[Desktop] Intel mini - 2.16Ghz 2GB 60GB HDD - Newer miniStack v2 500GB - 10.5.8

[Media System] Intel i5 mini - 2.33Ghz 8GB 500GB HDD - 4 x Hitachi 2TB HDD in a qBOX-SF - 10.7.5 (Thanks Phil!)

Make sure it has pins!
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that 10.6 was and is still the best OS.
iOS 7 is very ugly. I've been using it for a few days. The GF thinks it's ugly as well. She doesn't want to upgrade because it's ugly.

Yes we've seen the merging of the OS's over time and we'll see it more and more as time progresses. I guess it's better than changing everything overnight.

I'm still going to keep up with the changes, because it's part of my job. The other parts is... even though I may not be a fan of the change and all the new features, there are a few features that I do like. The biggest one is Messages. It's a great little app to have on the desktop. I'll message the GF from work once in a while.

What burns me is Messages worked in Snow Leopard during beta testing and then Apple made you have to upgrade to Lion to use the application.
I hate being forced into upgrading. It should be a choice. I can see if Messages needed Lion, but obviously it doesn't.

Perhaps Apple could charge for Apps like Messages and allow them to work with Snow Leopard... but include the Apps with new OS releases to inspire (rather than force) people to upgrade.

It will never happen, but it's nice to dream.
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a dev account and maverick is junk right now its unstable unusable to even properly develop on and very dumb right now all they did was take mountain lion add.

ibooks

color tabs

maps

a new version of itunes

and safari 7 which even for mountain lion users is unstable
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sucks macman. I was planning on purchasing a new iMac with Mavericks installed. I probably still will, but your comment gives me reason to consider a good deal on an iMac that someone trades in that runs Snow Leopard.

I could always set up a dual boot machine.

Apple has become a strange company. There once was a time where Apple would never release a product until it was almost perfect. Now it's the opposite. they keep releasing products too soon. Maps is a prime example. iOS 7 is a piece of crap. It's should still be in Beta. Of course that would hold back iPhone sales, so that couldn't happen.

As a reseller. I need to keep current and roll with the punches. As a consumer I may just step back a bit until Apple gets things ironed out. Too bad paying customers have become Apple's beta testers.

Here's an example. I just changed the wallpaper on my iPad 3 running iOS 7. It took 14 seconds from the time I hit the "set both" button for the the action to apply. There's no indicator that I pressed the button and an action is taking place. WTF Apple. This is disgusting. You sit there wondering if you pressed the button or if your iPad froze up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac OS X All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: