123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Iphone 5s

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrMini

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Iphone 5s Reply with quote

anyone upgrading to the new IPhone s? I think I will get one I really like the features...but why the big price difference ordering thru Verizon??
Y-Guy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the 5 last year, wife gets the new 5s this year. Kid finally gets to kiss his falling apart 3GS good buy and inherit my wife's 4s - I think he's more excited then she is LOL
epic_ed

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't think the pricing was any different with Verizon. Am I missing something?

I'm holding out for the next generation with hopefully a much larger screen. I have an iPhone 5 now and don't feel compelled to upgrade since it has the same screen. A larger screen on the 5s would have made me though. More so than any of the features that Apple decided to focus on.
WheelSpinners
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holding out for the iPhone 6 as well. Pretty much for the same reasons as Epic Ed.
Y-Guy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I for one don't want a larger screen. I like the fact I can drop my bare iPhone in my shirt pocked at work and not have a bulky object to deal with. If it's slightly larger fine but if it's like the Samsung and other droid beasts I see I'll pass.
fiat

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have/use any iphone and only used a very old primitive nokia cellphone long long time ago. Now feel time to go mobile, especially considering need for emergency situation when away from home. Thought iphone 5s is a wonderful start. I incline to buy an unlocked from Apple with T-M service. Since I won't go web much with iphone (too small screen for me), a small data plan will be my choice. Pardon me here for I have no experience using an iphone, I am hijacking this thread to ask some basic questions: Can I and how to turn off cellular to prevent from accident web data usage (save for emergency or ??), but still able to make/receive calls? I know I'll be able to use wifi at home for data transfer to avoid data usage (it's my plan to do all data at home with wifi). My concern is when I am in mobile. I want to use my phone to communicate/talk and for all other functions (especially take pictures, video..) without incurring any data transfer. Am I making any sense? Thanks for help.
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Settings you can turn off Cellular Data. Additionally within the various application settings you can also disable, on an app by app basis, the application itself from using cellular data, although not all applications have this setting.

I have most apps that allow me to set to only allow data over wifi and I leave the Master Cellular Data enabled as this allow it to automatically check for email etc during the day.

My cellular usage is pretty low by doing this.

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G
6TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 6TB Drobo S
fiat

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher, much appreciated for the tips.
MrMini

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wonder if I order one from Apple, will Verizon charge me a upgrade price?

I have the IPhone 5 now
ESUNintel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if we can order the 5s online at midnight and pickup in the store (Apple Store)? ...or do we have to lineup early in the morning if we really want a 5s on release day?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPhone, iPod touch and iPad All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: