123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Other external drives like the MiniStack?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Accessories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cardsfan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject: Other external drives like the MiniStack? Reply with quote

I was just wondering if there are other drives in the form factor of the MiniStack that match up with the 2012 Mac mini? My search so far seems to be coming up empty. I'm mostly looking for something cheaper. I would settle for one if there is nothing else out there.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were a couple out there for the 2005-2009 Mac minis, but that's the only one I've ever seen for the newer 2010-2012 body style.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
There were a couple out there for the 2005-2009 Mac minis, but that's the only one I've ever seen for the newer 2010-2012 body style.

There were some. I can't recall the names, but someone else will chime in.
curt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ministack is the only one I know about for the newer models. There was the original Ministack, LaCie mini and Micronet Minimate for the models before 2010. There might have been a couple more, but I forget there names. I sort of remember Iomega making one as well.
rallybug

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran (note past tense) two 500Gb Iomega Minimax external hard drives under my 2006 Core Duo Mini - I bought them a month apart in 2009, nboth lasted 4 years sat in a stack under the Mac Mini, one dying one month after the other. The white plastic on the top of the housing turned yellow on both, so they appear to have had overheating problems.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Accessories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: