123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Single

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aprilfools1993

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: New Single Reply with quote

I've been a member of these forums for quite some time (a quiet one)

If anyone is interested check out my song on my facebook page!

http://www.facebook.com/brianbickmusician

or here

http://brianbick.bandcamp.com/
RickB

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good. It sort of has a Pink Floyd slash Jack Johnson thing going for it. What kind of acoustic do you play?
aprilfools1993

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RickB wrote:
Sounds good. It sort of has a Pink Floyd slash Jack Johnson thing going for it. What kind of acoustic do you play?

Thanks! I actually traded one of the guitars I used on that track for a couch LOL. I got from Japan. A year and a half later I dubbed over the guitar track with this one.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--IBAEW20ASE

I'm a big fan of Sublime and I know Bradley Nowell played an (electric) Ibanez. Also, price and feature went into my decision to purchase it. Acoustic/electric, onboard tuner and a decent preamp. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for something good on a budget. For me it had everything I could ask for and I really enjoy playing it.
RickB

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a pretty guitar with a cool looking inlay. I thought it sounded a little like an Ovation at first. I recently bought a Taylor T5 and it's become my main guitar for everything. I was using at Bedell performance series guitar before this one. It was a nice guitar too, but I sold it buy this one. I had originally bought it in a pawn shop for $199. Ended up selling it for $500 on Craigslist.
aprilfools1993

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RickB wrote:
That's a pretty guitar with a cool looking inlay. I thought it sounded a little like an Ovation at first. I recently bought a Taylor T5 and it's become my main guitar for everything. I was using at Bedell performance series guitar before this one. It was a nice guitar too, but I sold it buy this one. I had originally bought it in a pawn shop for $199. Ended up selling it for $500 on Craigslist.

Wow, you made out on that one! I'd like to get a Taylor eventually, I'm still in amateur status though so we'll see what happens. What kind of music do you play?
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice song. Does the picture of the dog have any meaning? As in its passing or something inspiring the song.
aprilfools1993

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
Nice song. Does the picture of the dog have any meaning? As in its passing or something inspiring the song.

Thank! I'm glad you like it. My dog Jules is still with me, I just didn't really have anything prepared so I thought that was a good picture. He and I have been through a lot and he's still got a few years left! Very Happy

Also, a snow dog on the beach I thought was kinda funny.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! I'm glad to hear he is still kicking it. Dogs are just great companions. They are loyal, loving and selfless. I dread the day that ours is no longer with us. It will be like losing a family member.

Good luck with the song!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: