123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Boston Acoustics MC200 AirPlay speaker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
View previous topic :: View next topic  
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Boston Acoustics MC200 AirPlay speaker Reply with quote

We were shopping at Best Buy last night for a new TV and saw they had the Boston Acoustics MC200 AirPlay speaker on sale for $49 bucks. I did a quick search on my phone and saw that it sells everywhere else for like $199 (even on Best Buy's website). So, I decided to buy one. And that was a good decision. This thing sounds really nice and works like a charm. We're going to use it in our kitchen when we're cooking at stuff.

So, go check one out if you've been looking around for an AirPlay speaker. I don't know how long that might be on sale in the store, but it's a really nice product for that kind of money.
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Boston Acoustics MC200 AirPlay speaker Reply with quote

devo wrote:
We're going to use it in our kitchen when we're cooking at stuff.

So, go check one out if you've been looking around for an AirPlay speaker. I don't know how long that might be on sale in the store, but it's a really nice product for that kind of money.

How do you cook AT stuff?

Buy me one! I'll PayPal you the funds ASAP! (<-- SERIOUSLY) Or I'll Paypal you first... Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool.

I had some Boston Acoustics speakers in a truck I once had. I enjoyed them.
Sounds like you get a steal of a deal.
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a great deal, $50 is about 30 in UK and over here they sell for around 180-200 without sales taxes, which is another 20% on top.

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G
6TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 6TB Drobo S
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Boston Acoustics MC200 AirPlay speaker Reply with quote

@hackersmovie

I have no idea on the first one. Talk about a brain fart. Laughing

We went on Sunday to buy another one and they were sold out. If find one that isn't on sale, I can scan you the receipt for a price match.

@BB

Cool. I miss those days of putting speakers and stuff in cars. I know it's still around, but you know what I'm saying. This is my first experience with one of their products. I'm pretty impressed with this one so far. Even setting aside the super deal. It lacks a little bass punch, but makes up for it with strong mids and the clarity of its highs. It never really gets distorted through its range either.

@Cypher

Holy smokes on the sales tax!

Is that a standard sales tax or something unique to computers and electronics.
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Boston Acoustics MC200 AirPlay speaker Reply with quote

devo wrote:
@hackersmovie

I have no idea on the first one. Talk about a brain fart. Laughing

We went on Sunday to buy another one and they were sold out. If find one that isn't on sale, I can scan you the receipt for a price match.

Most excellent! Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:14 am    Post subject: Re: Boston Acoustics MC200 AirPlay speaker Reply with quote

devo wrote:
@Cypher

Holy smokes on the sales tax!

Is that a standard sales tax or something unique to computers and electronics.

Yes its standard, we don't have separate state sales taxes like in the US, we all get hit with VAT (Value Added Tax) Sad It's supposed to be only luxury goods, i.e non essential items but its on most things now.

There are some very weird rules, Groceries are zero rated, but hot food or food consumed on premises is charged the 20%. Children's clothes aren't charged, but adult sized clothing is. Books are zero rated but ebooks are charged.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Value_Added_Tax_(United_Kingdom)

devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe that free healthcare isn't so free after all. Wink

Yeah, those are some weird rules that don't seem fair.

I mean, we have taxes on groceries here in this state. I don't think they should be taxed anywhere. It's a necessity to live and wrong.

Oh well, let's jam!

Smile
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
Maybe that free healthcare isn't so free after all. ;]

Free ? Who said it was free. Laughing

They set up another tax to pay for that years ago. It was called National Insurance and it paid for old age pension and healthcare, although I don't think its funds the NHS any longer.
National Insurance takes 12% of your salary.
Income Tax also takes 20% of your earnings up to 34k and then 40% on anything over that. Sad
Add in VAT, Fuel Duty, Excise Duty, Insurance Tax, Council Tax, Road Tax, Inheritance Tax, Stamp Duty.... etc etc
They have us paying tax at every level. Embarassed

The only good thing about the NHS is everyone is treated the same, rich and poor alike. If you need treatment you get it and you'll never end up bankrupt paying your medical bills. You also don't have to fight with any insurance companies or pay high premiums because of existing conditions.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPhone, iPod touch and iPad All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: