123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HBO GO and WatchESPN Come to Apple TV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: HBO GO and WatchESPN Come to Apple TV Reply with quote

HBO GO and WatchESPN Come to Apple TV
Wednesday, June 19, 2013
Posted by: Staff

Apple today announced that HBO GO and WatchESPN are now available directly on Apple TV joining its lineup of programming offered to customers. They also announced the additions of Sky News, Crunchyroll and Qello offering live news, sports and current TV programming.

"HBO GO and WatchESPN are some of the most popular iOS apps and are sure to be huge hits on Apple TV," said Eddy Cue, Apple's senior vice president of Internet Software and Services. "We continue to offer Apple TV users great new programming options, combined with access to all of the incredible content they can purchase from the iTunes Store."

HBO GO users get unlimited access to their favorite HBO shows, including HBO original programming, hit movies, sports, documentaries, comedy specials and more. This includes full seasons of the best of HBO, plus bonus features and special behind-the-scenes extras. HBO GO on Apple TV requires a subscription to HBO through participating television providers.

WatchESPN on Apple TV delivers a one-stop video destination for sports fans with live access to ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPN3 and ESPN Buzzer Beater/Goal Line to those who receive ESPN's networks as part of their video subscription from affiliated providers. Popular sports and fan-favorite shows include college football and basketball, Monday Night Football, MLB, NBA, major golf tournaments, all four Grand Slam tennis events, SportsCenter, PTI and more. Additionally, curated on-demand video featuring the most recent and relevant content - including highlights and news clips from ESPN.com as well as short-form segments from programs such as E:60, Outside The Lines, SC Featured, Sport Science and others - will be accessible through WatchESPN for the first time via Apple TV to all users.

HBO GO, Watch ESPN, SkyNews, Crunchyroll and Qello require Apple TV software version 5.3, which is available as a free software update for second and third generation Apple TV users.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/2026.html
WheelSpinners
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the participating TV providers for HBO GO? I was unable to get it on a Roku with Direct TV.
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WheelSpinners wrote:
What are the participating TV providers for HBO GO? I was unable to get it on a Roku with Direct TV.

Directv isn't one if them. They need to wake up and start being more customer friendly when it comes to streaming services and platforms. And to think, this is the company reportedly about ready to bu Hulu.
PixelCo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirecTV is so behind the times. They need to get their act together soon.

http://www.macworld.com/article/2042426/hbo-go-a-no-go-for-directv.html
curt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a bummer about Direct TV. I just don't understand why HBO doesn't offer their own plan. Why do they really need middle men like Direct TV, Dish and Comcast anyways? Everything is moving online and they are going to get dinosaured and alienate customers.

Personally, I just point my Mac mini to HBOGO.com. That's the beauty of using a computer for your online media center.
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The service is now live for Directv customers. It looks like the power of bitching worked. I can't wait to get home to check my Rokus. They better have those working now too!!!!

https://twitter.com/DIRECTVService
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben Tex wrote:
The service is now live for Directv customers. It looks like the power of bitching worked. I can't wait to get home to check my Rokus. They better have those working now too!!!!

https://twitter.com/DIRECTVService

That is great news! I'm glad they came around.
iLife's a Bitch!
WheelSpinners
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm soooooo glad Direct TV came around sooooo soon. HBO is an awesome thing to have on the Apple TV.
mkoc23

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Issues accessing HBOGO from my macmini Reply with quote

Hello! I am having issues playing HBO GO from my mac mini which is part of my overall TV set up. I can access the url and enter my Time Warner Cable user name/password but have issues actually playing the content. I have zero issues accessing HBO from my mac air, ipad mini, or iphone. Any assistance would be appreciated, thank you in advance.
curt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:38 am    Post subject: Re: Issues accessing HBOGO from my macmini Reply with quote

mkoc23 wrote:
Hello! I am having issues playing HBO GO from my mac mini which is part of my overall TV set up. I can access the url and enter my Time Warner Cable user name/password but have issues actually playing the content. I have zero issues accessing HBO from my mac air, ipad mini, or iphone. Any assistance would be appreciated, thank you in advance.

As in the content doesn't play at all or poor video quality? If the content isn't playing at all, you may need to contact TW. There may be permission or login issue. You should also have the latest version of Flash installed. If the video is choppy or poor, you may need to check your internet connection to the Mac mini. Make sure your speeds are not below 3.0Mbps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: