123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Imac madness

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Desktops
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stewman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:29 am    Post subject: Imac madness Reply with quote

Hi guys

My second user Imac 2.16 (5.1) is driving me mad sometimes it spits discs out without mounting! If it des this I look in profiler and it states that my pioneer DVD writer is a PINNEEP and a burning device cannot be found! tried all the usual stuff, it seemed noticable after the 10.6.3 to 10.6.8 upgrade, any clues anyone? Cheers Stewart
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't help with your problem but when I had similar issues with mine I just gave up with it and decided to save it for use it as a means of reinstall the OS.

My biggest problem with it was mainly due to it being a side load which having a second monitor next to it was a pain inserting disk. I also found it was also very slow at writing and a little bit picky with the disks it liked. I just decided to give up with it and bought a cheap external drive and it was much better experience.

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G
6TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 6TB Drobo S
Stewman

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 4:34 am    Post subject: Imac madness Reply with quote

The bloody thing also has a magenta line (vertical) down the screen, about an inch and a half from the left Smile
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh sounds like the graphics card is going!!!

Let me ask you this!!!

i am assuming this is a white core 2 duo iMac if so then you are in trouble eventually these machines have there graphics cards fail you can tell when your card is about to go because of lines on the screen when this starts to happen time for a new logic board which can cost more then the machine is worth get your data off of it and backed up now before total failure happens
Stewman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: curious Reply with quote

Confused Well, I got another one on ebay, another 20inch with more ram, a better processor (2.33) for 80 less than the other one, good screen, OSX 10.7.5 Lion

so back to the old one, backed it up/cloned to a firewire 1TB disk, it has 10.6.3 on it so I sometimes boot from this on the new Mac (Rosetta etc) sorry I digress back to the old mac again......formatted the drive reinstall 10.6.3, Superdrive problems have vanished! shame about the magenta line though Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Desktops All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: