123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.4.4
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.4.4 Reply with quote

Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.4.4
Tuesday January 10, 2005

Apple today released Mac OS X 10.4.4 via its Software Update Utility and on the Web. The company says this release includes fixes for a wide variety of products, including: SMB/CIFS and NFS network file services; Bluetooth wireless access; Core Graphics, Core Audio, Core Image, RAW camera support, including updated ATI and NVIDIA graphics drivers; Spotlight indexing and searching; AppleScript, iChat, DVD Player, and Safari applications; Dashboard widgets: Calendar and Stocks; Software Update and Sync Services; Compatibility with USB and FireWire devices and third party applications; and more

http://ww.123macmini.com/news/story/418.html
PR.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah excellent installed the update and once again I get the "you are infected with a trojan" nonsense when I try to connect to Quakenet IRC. That will be another 3 days of messing around trying to get it to work then all of a sudden it will. Crying or Very sad
pjarvi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10.4.4 seems to have broken compatibility with TransparentDock. I'm using TD 2.3.5, and it will no longer apply changes. Tried resetting the dock, no luck.
cubed

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:01 am    Post subject: front row Reply with quote

10.4.4 also causes you to have to reinstall front row on my "non-supported" macs. once i reinstall the application all works perfect just as it did before.

just some info...
picaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Installation went perfectly. Lots of new Dashboard widgets to ignore.

Smile

Jamie
bsnoel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I installed 10.4.4 last night. My mini seems fine. However, my PowerMac would not wake from sleep this morning. I had to hit the power button. I don't have any third party cards or upgrades in the machine other than a Hitachi SATA drive in bay B. I hope that it was a one time fluke only.
andym

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did the upgrade tonight, and reinstalled frontrow but when I try to go to movies/movies it throws me out into itunes??? and logs an error report.
Any ideas!
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andym wrote:
did the upgrade tonight, and reinstalled frontrow but when I try to go to movies/movies it throws me out into itunes??? and logs an error report.
Any ideas!

Did you delete Front Row before doing the upgrade? I'm not having any trouble with movies or music. Try repairing the disk permissions.
caulktel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far so good with me. I upgraded my Mac Mini, a iBook, iMac, and I can't see any adverse problems so far. This is good.
andym

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah, only just switched to mac so how do you go about repairing disk permissions?
cheers
retrophonic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone noticed how fast Safari is after updating? The pages are loading almost instantly.
jthawke

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: Safari Speed Reply with quote

I have to agree . . . I installed 10.4.4 on my mini and my G4 Powerbook, and both are running flawlessly. In fact, I've yet to have a problem with OS updates on any Mac but I also go through a more thorough routine than most users should *expect* to go through. Regardless, I was using Firefox more regularly as it was "faster" most of the time, but all of a sudden Safari is screaming, and almost never hangs when hitting a URL. Nice work, Apple.
picaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andym wrote:
ah, only just switched to mac so how do you go about repairing disk permissions?
cheers

Open Disk Utility. Choose your boot drive, and click "Repair permissions". Don't bother to verify them first--not necessary.

Smile

Jamie
picaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I've put this link elsewhere on the site but this is a good place for it too:

http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?story=20060111082842671

Extensive tutorial on upgrading to 10.4.4, along with troubleshooting tips.

Smile

Jamie
andym

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tried the repair disk permissions, same problem occured.
Am going to reinstall 10.4.3 and try again on a completely new install.
cheers for the help.
oh by the way my pc hardly ever gets used now, and have my mac mini hooked up to a 42" HDready plasma (by DVI) and it looks awesome.
Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: