123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best Shows on TV
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen the Poodle one. I was surprised when it retrieved the duck though Razz

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G
6TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 6TB Drobo S
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
Cypher wrote:
I'm not sure its a relating thing, as I can safely say we don't have too many rednecks in the UK Razz

So, no one over there says that's bloody brilliant ya'll? Wink

Si and Jase still keep me coming back for more. Some of the episodes this season have been hilarious. I like the one where he ended up with a poodle for a hunting dog and the one where he was digging up "vintage" coins from the Vietnam era. Meaning he burred regular coins and thought they would increase in price due to inflation. Laughing

I guess one thing that gets me about that show is I don't believe the characters. Nobody is that stupid or outlandish. The characters do seem to be themselves (which is the point of reality TV). Of course everyone would act a little different with a camera on them, but I think these guys are ridiculous (and in my opinion - not a funny kind of ridiculous).

I'll stick to watching shows like Dual Survival, Mountain Men, Mantracker etc for my unscripted TV kicks.

Sorry Devo. I gave Ducks Unlimited a shot, but it's not for me.
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
Mountain Men.

I really liked this one, but I find it falls into the same category as a lot of "American" TV in that it seems to be overly dumbed down. The show just contains constant filler of whats coming up or whats just happened. Some of our TV has started to go the same way. Every ad break is filled with whats coming up snippets to keep people from channel hopping. Then when the ad break is over, they repeat whats gone on for the people who have hopped to this show. Evil or Very Mad

I do find the show interesting and would love to watch more of it but it really seems to be pitched at people with the attention span of a goldfish. Confused Without all the filler the show would only last half the time.

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G
6TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 6TB Drobo S
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
Bandit Bill wrote:
Mountain Men.

I really liked this one, but I find it falls into the same category as a lot of "American" TV in that it seems to be overly dumbed down. The show just contains constant filler of whats coming up or whats just happened. Some of our TV has started to go the same way. Every ad break is filled with whats coming up snippets to keep people from channel hopping. Then when the ad break is over, they repeat whats gone on for the people who have hopped to this show. Evil or Very Mad

I do find the show interesting and would love to watch more of it but it really seems to be pitched at people with the attention span of a goldfish. Confused Without all the filler the show would only last half the time.

I agree. A PVR is a must have. You can basically watch a 1 hour show in 30 to 40 minuters. TV is painful without being pre-recorded. I don't watch live TV... ever.
Smithcraft
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two ReplayTVs, both with the commercial skipping function. It's tragic that Replay dropped the ball with ATSC/DTV. But yeah, I could never watch live teevee again. I would rather buffer for ten minutes, then start watching, than watch with commercials!

SC

[Desktop] Intel mini - 2.16Ghz 2GB 60GB HDD - Newer miniStack v2 500GB - 10.5.8

[Media System] Intel i5 mini - 2.33Ghz 8GB 500GB HDD - 4 x Hitachi 2TB HDD in a qBOX-SF - 10.7.5 (Thanks Phil!)

Make sure it has pins!
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smithcraft wrote:
I have two ReplayTVs, both with the commercial skipping function. It's tragic that Replay dropped the ball with ATSC/DTV. But yeah, I could never watch live teevee again. I would rather buffer for ten minutes, then start watching, than watch with commercials!

SC

Same with me, if there is something live I want to watch I'll let it buffer and watch something else for a few minutes. With a 1 hour show you can start 20 minutes late and still finish at the same time as the live broadcast.
MrMini

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Southland Reply with quote

Southland is a good cop show on TNT:

http://www.tntdrama.com/series/southland/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: