Joined: 21 Jan 2005
|Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:22 pm Post subject: Apple Releases Final Cut Pro X 10.0.8 Update
|Apple Releases Final Cut Pro X 10.0.8 Update
Thursday, March 28, 2013
Posted by: Staff
Apple today released the Final Cut Pro X 10.0.8 Update via their Mac App Store. According to the company, this update brings the following improvements:
- Support for Sony XAVC codec up to 4K resolution.
- Option to display ProRes Log C files from ARRI ALEXA cameras with standard Rec. 709 color and contrast levels.
- Resolves an issue where some third-party effects generated green frames during render.
- Resolves performance issues that could occur with certain titles and effects.
- Time reversed clips render in the background.
- Ability to use key commands to adjust Clip Appearance settings in the timeline.
- Ability to view reel number metadata located in the timecode track of video files.
- Mono audio files in a surround project export with correct volume levels.
- Drop zones no longer reset to the first frame of video after application restart.
- Fixes a performance issue which resulted from selecting multiple ranges on a single clip.
- Fixes an issue where the Play Around function did not work properly on certain clips when viewed through external video devices.
The Final Cut Pro X 10.0.8 Update weighs in at 1.64GB and requires Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later. It should also be noted that Apple released updates for Motion and Compressor, as well as ProApps QuickTime Codecs v1.0.1 for additional video codec support.