123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vesa mount for hard drive or Mac mini?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Accessories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WheelSpinners
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:10 am    Post subject: Vesa mount for hard drive or Mac mini? Reply with quote

Does anyone know of a good vesa mount for the Mac mini or a portable hard drive? I'm looking to perhaps mount one of them on the back of a TV.
TonyMontana
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen rear mounts for the Roku, and a few other streaming devices. Maybe one can be adapted. 3M makes some pretty awesome velcro and adhesive solutions. Personally I'm using some long thin zip ties, going through the LCD mount.
jb
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: Vesa mount for hard drive or Mac mini? Reply with quote

WheelSpinners wrote:
Does anyone know of a good vesa mount for the Mac mini or a portable hard drive? I'm looking to perhaps mount one of them on the back of a TV.

Something like this maybe?
http://www.sonnettech.com/product/maccuffmini.html
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is what you want.

http://h-sq.com/products/minimount/index.html
WheelSpinners
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those look to be perfect for the Mac mini. I'll have to look around and see who has the best deal. As for the portable hard drive, I'm just going to do what Tony Montana suggested and use velcro strips. It's a little 2.5" Seagate Freeagent that is totally flat on the back. Then I can have both of them mounted on the back of my TV. I wouldn't bother, but my TV is on a new Hemnes dresser from Ikea and I don't want them showing from the front or taking up space on the top of the dresser. They should also be safer in the back and less prone to fall off the dresser.
Brendan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I considered one of these but the price is just too much. The sheet metal one seems easy enough for a small DIY project. Even if it isn't doesn't come out looking great, it is behind everything.
WheelSpinners
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are expensive for sure. Right now Mac Mall is looking to have the best price on the one from H Squared. That would be $50 with shipping.

I was also thinking about something like this mounting shelf.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004GKM4DQ

It says seven inches wide. That should be wide enough for the Mac mini with a little bit of hang on either side. My only fear would be that it slips forward and falls.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't waste the money on that mounting shelf. If you want to save money, use Velcro and zip ties.
Another cheap alternative is double sided carpet layers tape. It has incredible strength. If you went into any small mom and pop carpet store, they'd probably sell you a foot of it for a couple dollars. I used it to mount some wireless alarm sensors, it held strong for years, yet I was able to remove it when I wanted to without damage.
1DrnkMxR

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the unit made by Tryten (Tryten.com) come with screws to mount behind your LCD TV. Perfect fit on my 32in Samsung HDTV.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Accessories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: