123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ST:TNG on BluRay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Squid3660

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: ST:TNG on BluRay Reply with quote

Anyone else here picked up the available seasons (1 & 2 so far) of Star Trek The Next Generation on Blu Ray yet?

I have, and I think the show looks amazing on BR. It looks like a show produced in modern times, compared to the standard def broadcast and DVD release years ago. If you haven't heard about it yet, CBS Digital basically recreated the episodes from the original film stock with new visual effects.

The first two season episodes are a little blah, but for most Trekkies/ers, the show really starts to take off in Season 3, which is due to come out on BR in April 2013.

My fav episodes to watch are:
S1 - The Naked Now
S1 - The Big Goodbye
S1 - 11001001
S2 - Elementary Dear Data
S2 - The Measure of a Man (The BR has the original directors cut... FANTASTIC, must see episode)
S2 - Pen Pals
S2 - Q Who (This is the introduction of The Borg)

I love 99% of the episodes so far, they are all good in their own way, but I do hate the last episode of S2 - Shades of Gray, which is really awful imo.

I really recommend picking these up, or if you want to skip the growing pains of this series and jump right into where the good stuff really starts, then look out for Season 3 coming soon! The previews for S3 are FANTASTIC... very exciting stuff coming. I haven't seen the show in years, so it is like watching it all for the first time... but this time its in High Def. Wow. What a great world we live in.

BTW, the special features on these two sets are really entertaining... cast reunions, bloopers, new documentaries... incredible stuff. Its fun to see how the cast has aged! hahaha.

I hope those of you who watch this series on BR are as moved and excited as I am (if not more). Truly one of the best shows ever made.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny, I didn't understand your acronym title. I thought you were going to mention Sting, the band Smile

Enjoy your show. Smile
Squid3660

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha.. funny you should mention that, Bill. In one of the bonus feature interviews, Marina Sirtis talks about going to see Sting in concert just before she was cast in the role as Counselor Troy on Star Trek TNG. She was amazed at all the thousands of people going to see this one person, Sting, perform live.

Then just a year later she made an appearance at a Star Trek convention in the exact same concert hall that Sting played, and she couldn't believe all the thousands of people coming to see her and the rest of the cast.

So, perhaps there is a little Sting in ST:TNG after all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: