123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Updates MacBook Pro with Retina Display Models

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Apple Updates MacBook Pro with Retina Display Models Reply with quote

Apple Updates MacBook Pro with Retina Display Models
Wednesday, February 13, 2013
Posted by: Staff

Apple today updated their MacBook Pro with Retina Display models with new processors and lower starting prices. The 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display now starts at $1,499 for 128GB of flash, and $1,699 for a new 2.6 GHz processor and 256GB of flash. The 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display now features a faster 2.4 GHz quad-core processor, and the top-of-the-line 15-inch notebook comes with a new 2.7 GHz quad-core processor and 16GB of memory. Apple also announced that the 13-inch MacBook Air with 256GB of flash has a new lower price of $1,399.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1974.html
aquaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little more tempted to upgrade now.
epic_ed

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would still rather have a MacBook Air with a retina display. That's the Apple laptop I am waiting for now.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

epic_ed wrote:
I would still rather have a MacBook Air with a retina display. That's the Apple laptop I am waiting for now.

Why?

The only benefit I see to the Air is it is 1/2lb lighter.

The 13"rMBP has a faster processor, more RAM, 2 thunderbolt ports a HDMI port. It also has a smaller footprint than the MBA.

Is it just the 1/2lb difference that you are looking for?
Fox
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I hope that they don't put retina displays in the MBA because it would make one at least $200 more expensive AND it would make it heavier (you need a bigger battery to power it). I recently traded in a 13" MBP for a 13" MBA and I'm very happy with the difference. The light weight is the best feature, and the 2011 model is plenty fast enough. Retina display might be nice, but not for the extra cost and weight. By the time you add those, you might as well get the more powerful, higher RAM MBP Retina.
epic_ed

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
epic_ed wrote:

Why?

I just prefer the glossy matte screen and aluminum bezel on the MacBook Air. I don't care as much for the glass and shiny black frame. I think they reflect a little too much light. I do like that they have HDMI and twin Thunderbolt ports though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: