123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Install discs OSX tiger and SL.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Macnewbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Install discs OSX tiger and SL. Reply with quote

Hello again, I have a question regarding a clean install.

I have the original install discs for Tiger, and a single install disc for Snow leopard. If i were to do a fresh install (first backing up, then wiping SSD) can i just use the OSX Tiger discs, update all software THEN use the Snow leopard single disc installation? When the SN update disc came out, it was a breeze to update, i'm just unsure if it will be as easy, once i wipe the SSD and use OSX tiger discs initially. Sorry for convoluted question,

Also what are the steps to take to create a new user.

I just want a clean install on my MM.

Many thanks

Macnewbie

MM 1.1 2.3GHZ 2 GB ram 256 GB SSD running SL.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happened to Leopard? 10.5.8
An upgrade to SL requires Leopard first.

If you want to make life real easy on yourself, you could just order SL for $19.99 shipped from Apple and do a one disk install.
I did this, because I wanted a clean install, without going through the hoops (an time) of installing multiple OSs.

Add account through system preferences. Accounts, then click the +
Macnewbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Bandit Bill,

I have an intel MM, and was told because of that, i could do an upgrade from Tiger to SNow Leopard. Seemed to have worked fine.

Thanks for the tips though.

Macnewbie
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macnewbie wrote:
Hello Bandit Bill,

I have an intel MM, and was told because of that, i could do an upgrade from Tiger to SNow Leopard. Seemed to have worked fine.

Thanks for the tips though.

Macnewbie

I question if it is a "drop in" , " upgrade disk". I believe you have a full version of Snow Leopard. Anyhow, glad it worked for you. Your mini should now give you a few more years of use.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: