123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Refurbished 2012 Mac Minis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Refurbished 2012 Mac Minis Reply with quote

Refurbished 2012 Mac Minis
Wednesday, January 30, 2013
Posted by: Staff

Apple has started offering the refurbished base model 2012 Mac mini more frequently over the last couple weeks. This model comes with a 2.5GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor, 4GB of RAM, 500GB hard drive and Intel HD 4000 graphics for $509. It's also covered by Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty and includes free shipping to your door. All you need to do is hurry if you are interested. They sell out pretty darn fast!

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1967.html
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Refurbished 2012 Mac Minis Reply with quote

There is something up with the Mac Mini now. Who knows what Apple is planning to do with this model? To much changing constantly on their part.
ez061111
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:10 am    Post subject: Re: Refurbished 2012 Mac Minis Reply with quote

marv777 wrote:
There is something up with the Mac Mini now. Who knows what Apple is planning to do with this model? To much changing constantly on their part.

Huh? Apple released the most powerful model of Mini to date that has been a relatively logical progression. This thread has to do with refurbs which are phenomenally common and sell quickly because of the demand. What strangeness are you talking about?
Smithcraft
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People complain that Apple doesn't update the mini often enough, and now it's too often? Confused

SC

[Desktop] Intel mini - 2.16Ghz 2GB 60GB HDD - Newer miniStack v2 500GB - 10.5.8

[Media System] Intel i5 mini - 2.33Ghz 8GB 500GB HDD - 4 x Hitachi 2TB HDD in a qBOX-SF - 10.7.5 (Thanks Phil!)

Make sure it has pins!
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Refurbished 2012 Mac Minis Reply with quote

ez061111 wrote:
marv777 wrote:

Huh? Apple released the most powerful model of Mini to date that has been a relatively logical progression. This thread has to do with refurbs which are phenomenally common and sell quickly because of the demand. What strangeness are you talking about?
If the product was so great they would not be that much refurbs available.Again they change models to much in my opinion. Sometimes the mistakes are not even rectified yet.
ez061111
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Refurbished 2012 Mac Minis Reply with quote

marv777 wrote:
If the product was so great they would not be that much refurbs available.Again they change models to much in my opinion. Sometimes the mistakes are not even rectified yet.

You are basing this on what? There are refurbs like there have always been, and you are drawing a conclusion based on this? And you know for a fact that there are more refurbs of the 2012 than any other in the past or are you just being dramatic? The fact that there are refurbs means what?

In my opinion, your opinion isn't based on anything reality based.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most refurbs are items that were returned fully operational, just like most consumer returns. They can't present them as new again.

Mac minis are sooooo reliable it's ridiculous. When there is an issue, it's typically a failed hard drive (which Apple does not make). When solid state drives become more common failures will be drastically reduced.

There have been 10 updates to the mini in 8 years and it's only become better over time. Any issue that I've known of has been resolve via firmware. Any known issue that can not be resolved via firmware involves a recall or free repair for 5 years. This has NEVER happened with the Mac mini.

Please state any known issues that have not been resolved.
Grasshopper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mac mini is probably the most reliable computer Apple makes. I love them to death!
24" HP LCD
Apple wireless keyboard and Magic Mouse
2 x 1TB MiniStacks
1TB MiniStack Max
curt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see any difference in the action with refurbished models. Even with there being some initial HDMI-based video issues with the 2012 model. Which have since been corrected with a firmware update. I don't think there have ever been major hardware issues with the Mac mini. I do sort of remember a recall on Seagate hard drives, but that wasn't a fault of Apple or the hardware design of the Mac mini. I have found them to be super reliable like Bandit Bill and Grashopper stated. I don't see the upgrade cycle changing either. And based on that proven history of reliability, that's probably a good thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: