123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Less expensive 2012 Mac mini with Fusion drive?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ReBs

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Less expensive 2012 Mac mini with Fusion drive? Reply with quote

Does anyone here know where I might be able to pick up one of the latest Mac minis with a Fusion drive on the cheap? At a discount to what Apple is offering on their online store, and a discount making it a worthwhile deal.
ez061111
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The least expensive Mini does is not configurable with the fusion drive unless you do it yourself. Probably your best bet is to surf around the net and find someplace that won't charge you tax.
3.5GHz 6C MP, D700s
ReBs

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply! I know you need one of the Core i7-based Mac minis. I was just hoping to find a less expensive one than Apple offers with the Fusion drive. I probably should have made the subject title more clear on that one. Embarassed
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Less expensive 2012 Mac mini with Fusion drive? Reply with quote

ReBs wrote:
Does anyone here know where I might be able to pick up one of the latest Mac minis with a Fusion drive on the cheap? At a discount to what Apple is offering on their online store, and a discount making it a worthwhile deal.
Try B and H in NYC they are pretty cheap.
blazer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like Mac Mall beats Apple by $10 buck. They might not charge a sales tax in your state either. You might also try B&H and Mac Connection if they do.

http://www.macmall.com/p/Apple-Mac-Mini/product~dpno~9418771~pdp.iadfeaa
2.5GHz Core i5 Mac mini (2011)
24" Dell LCD & 42" Sharp TV
EyeTV 250 Plus
1G, 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G iPod nanos
16GB 3G iPhone
ReBs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought one with a Fusion drive today from B&H. MacMall beats their price too, but they charge a sales to customers in Georgia. So I decided to go with B&H. I can't wait to get it now. I haven't used a Mac in a long time. My last one was a G3 iMac in bondi blue running OS 9.
Smithcraft
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back!

SC

[Desktop] Intel mini - 2.16Ghz 2GB 60GB HDD - Newer miniStack v2 500GB - 10.5.8

[Media System] Intel i5 mini - 2.33Ghz 8GB 500GB HDD - 4 x Hitachi 2TB HDD in a qBOX-SF - 10.7.5 (Thanks Phil!)

Make sure it has pins!
ReBs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I'm glad to be coming back from the dark side. They almost had me hooked with Windows XP and Windows 7, but Windows 8 is a disaster. I figured that I can run Windows 7 a Mac, so why even look at systems from the likes of Dell or Lenovo? So it's time to get a Mac again. I'll probably even dump Windows 7 once I get everything figured out with Mountain Lion. I'm jut super anxious to get going now.
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Mac Mini Reply with quote

ReBs wrote:
I bought one with a Fusion drive today from B&H. MacMall beats their price too, but they charge a sales to customers in Georgia. So I decided to go with B&H. I can't wait to get it now. I haven't used a Mac in a long time. My last one was a G3 iMac in bondi blue running OS 9.
Good luck believe me I will not give you incorrect information where to buy.B and H is a reliable company.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: