123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Begins Offering Refurbished 13" MacBook Pros...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Apple Begins Offering Refurbished 13" MacBook Pros... Reply with quote

Apple Begins Offering Refurbished 13" MacBook Pros with Retina Display
Thursday, January 17, 2013
Posted by: Staff

Apple today started offering refurbished 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display models on their website. This includes the base model with a 2.5GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor, 8GB of RAM, 128GB solid-state drive, and Intel HD 4000 graphics for $1439. As well as the upper model with a 256GB solid-state drive for $1699, and a model with the 2.9GHz dual-core Intel Core i7 and 512GB solid-state drive for $2289. All of the models are covered by Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty and include free shipping.

It should also be noted that Apple began offering refurbished 15" MacBook Pro with Retina Display models earlier this month.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1961.html

Last edited by admin on Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Grover Time

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping they release some 2012 Mac mini refurbs soon. You would think they would be coming soon since they were released at the same time as the 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina.
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: MM 2012 Reply with quote

Grover Time wrote:
I'm hoping they release some 2012 Mac mini refurbs soon. You would think they would be coming soon since they were released at the same time as the 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina.
The new MM will be coming out with this new Haswell processor soon i believe.This stuff never ends.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grover Time wrote:

2012 minis have already been on the refurb site. I saw a couple on the website a couple weeks ago. I was tempted to purchase one. $680 for the $799 model.
Grover Time

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
[012 minis have already been on the refurb site. I saw a couple on the website a couple weeks ago. I was tempted to purchase one. $680 for the $799 model.

Dang, I must have missed them. I haven't seen them listed yet (I've been looking every couple days or so), so I assumed they hadn't been made available.

I do believe that you are in Canada though. I wonder if that makes a difference? Do you know if they on the refurb site in both countries?
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Canadian website is 99% the same as the US site. I compared the sites last night. Almost all of the choices were identical. I did however see one unit on the US site that was not listed on the Canadian site. So it may work in favor of Canada once in a while as well.

I've noticed updates primarily on Wednesdays.

You can get apps that notify you of updates. I can't remember the name of the app. But a quick search will get you there.
Smithcraft
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2012 minis are coming up in the US refurb store. They start at $509(2.5 GHz i5), which is $40 less than the 2011 mini(2.5 GHz i5).

The latests blast of refurbs was Thursday.

SC

ps - The 2011 2.3 GHz i5 model starts at $469.

[Desktop] Intel mini - 2.16Ghz 2GB 60GB HDD - Newer miniStack v2 500GB - 10.5.8

[Media System] Intel i5 mini - 2.33Ghz 8GB 500GB HDD - 4 x Hitachi 2TB HDD in a qBOX-SF - 10.7.5 (Thanks Phil!)

Make sure it has pins!
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a quad core 2012 up there again today. I pm'd Grover, but it's gone now Smile . You have to be quick.
epic_ed

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to get my hands on another one too. It seems like you have to be fast when it comes to the refurbished Mac minis.
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: MM 2012 Reply with quote

epic_ed wrote:
I'm trying to get my hands on another one too. It seems like you have to be fast when it comes to the refurbished Mac minis.
There are other Mac sites with discounts on the 2012 models i saw.When do you think this 2013 model is coming out?
ez061111
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: MM 2012 Reply with quote

marv777 wrote:
There are other Mac sites with discounts on the 2012 models i saw.When do you think this 2013 model is coming out?

This will sound snarky, not my intention, but that doesn't make it any less true: when Apple wishes it to be released. There won't be anybody on any forum that can say with 100% accuracy, even with leaks, when exactly or what exactly will be released.
3.5GHz 6C MP, D700s
curt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see new iMac or Mac minis coming out with Haswell until later in 2013. Which probably won't be a big deal for either machine. I also think the basic design and port selection will remain the same. So, I really see no need in putting off buying one if you need a new machine. Especially if you can get in on a warrantied refurb for around five bills.
Grover Time

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got one today for $509! Smile

I just happened to look around noon time and they were in stock. I noticed they were all gone after checking out though. You really do need to be fast on the take.

Thanks for the PM Bandit Bill! I was out of town for a couple days and missed that opportunity.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grover Time wrote:
I got one today for $509! Smile

I just happened to look around noon time and they were in stock. I noticed they were all gone after checking out though. You really do need to be fast on the take.

Thanks for the PM Bandit Bill! I was out of town for a couple days and missed that opportunity.

Congrats. That's a good savings.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: