123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mini display port to DVI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tunes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Mini display port to DVI Reply with quote

Hello, New to the world of Mac. Just bought my first one. Mac Mini 2.3 i7. Plan on getting dual monitors but they had to order the 2nd one in but I did go ahead and get mini display port to dvi adaptor. Anyways because of the research I have done before my purchase I know of the HDMI issues so I decided to hook monitor up through mini display port. When first powering up white screen with apple logo then black screen and monitor went into sleep mode. So I switched monitor over to the HDMI adaptor that came with Mini and works great. Tried to switch it back and same thing, Monitor goes into sleep mode. Its a Dell E2311H monitor and the mini display to dvi adaptor is apple. Is there something I need to change in settings for it to work or maybe a bad cable? Maybe bad port? Any help would be great!!
Thank You
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not a bad port to high of resolution on dvi for the monitor to handle
tunes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. Any way for me to run dual monitors with these dell monitors or do I need to step up to a better displays?
Heres the specs on the dell monitors:
DISPLAY

Diagonal Viewable Size:
58.42 cm
23" (58.42 cm wide viewable image size)
Aspect Ratio
Widescreen (16:9)
Panel & Screen Type:
TN- Twisted Nematic, active matrix - TFT LCD
Max Preset Resolution:
1920 x 1080 at 60 Hz
Contrast Ratio:
1000 : 1(typical)
Brightness:
250 cd/m2 (typical)
Response Time:
5 ms panel (black to white)
Viewing Angle
160 vertical / 170 horizontal
Colour Support:
16.7 million colours
Pixel Pitch:
0.265mm
Device Type
Widescreen Flat Panel Display
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would say better displays or purchase a dual monitor system they sell several online
Brendan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I run two older Dell monitors (2007fwp) on my 2012 mini just fine. I use the dp to dvi cable for one monitor and a HDMI to DVI adapter for the other. As a disclaimer, I do not do anything graphic intensive like gaming.

Brendan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: