123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Logitech Intros New Keyboard and Trackpad for Mac Users
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Logitech Intros New Keyboard and Trackpad for Mac Users Reply with quote

Logitech Intros New Keyboard and Trackpad for Mac Users
Wednesday, December 12, 2012
Posted by: Staff

Logitech today announced the release of their Bluetooth Easy-Switch Keyboard and Rechargeable Trackpad for Mac users. The Bluetooth Easy-Switch Keyboard features an aluminum design, backlit keys, and "Easy-Switch" technology for switching control between your Mac and iOS devices. The Rechargeable Trackpad gives users the full set of Mac OS multi-touch gestures on a smooth glass surface.

The Bluetooth Easy-Switch Keyboard can pair with up to three Apple devices simultaneously, and its familiar Mac layout features the keys you'd expect, including Command, Brightness and Mission Control. Its sleek aluminum design matches the Apple style, making it look right at home next to your Mac, iPad or iPhone.

In addition to its attractive design, this keyboard was built to maximize usability and power. The bright illumination of its backlit key characters makes them easy to read in low light conditions or at night, so you can type in any environment. Virtually anticipating your needs, the keyboard turns on its illumination when your hands approach, and it automatically dims or brightens based on the amount of light in the room.

The Rechargeable Trackpad features multi-touch control, so you can click, scroll, swipe, zoom and more. With a low-profile design and smooth glass surface, the trackpad replicates a touch-screen experience. And, because the touch area is larger than the typical notebook's touchpad, it's easier to take advantage of the full range of Mac OS multi-touch gestures, so you can naturally control and access your information. Plus, the trackpad has been engineered with embedded precision sensors and resistance to fingerprints and scratches.

In addition, the trackpad makes battery hassle a thing of the past it is rechargeable through a USB cable and can be used while being recharged. Fully charged, you'll have one month of power, which you can manage through its convenient On/Off switch. With Bluetooth wireless connectivity, the trackpad also provides up to 30 feet of wireless range.

The Logitech Bluetooth Easy-Switch Keyboard and Rechargeable Trackpad are due in January. They are priced at $99.99 and $69.99, respectively.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1949.html
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look good. The Bluetooth switching is an awesome feature and so is the backlighting.

They are going to be a tough sell being that the keyboard is priced 30% higher than Apple's keyboard. Still there will be small segment of the market that will purchase them.

Logitech couldn't have got any luckier with the timing. Apple TV just included Bluetooth keyboard support.
curt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look and sound like nice products. I'm also happy to see Logitech moving away from RF based devices and going towards Bluetooth. I just don't see how they can compete with the Apple Keyboard and Magic Trackpad at the same or more expensive price points. Even with the keyboard having more compelling features.
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought an Apple wireless keyboard to use with my Mac Mini and iPad, but I wasn't happy when I found It locked to one device and you had to jump through several hoops to be able to use it on another all which make it inconvenient to swap it about Sad

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G
6TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 6TB Drobo S
gigaguy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been waiting years for a quality backlit BT Kboard for my Mac mini hooked to the TV. Can't wait.
scooper
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It can be a royal PIA pairing the Apple wireless keyboard with a device after having it paired with another one. So that's a nice feature. I also wouldn't mind having the backlit keyboard. I'm not so worried about the price either. You really have to look around some beyond the MSRP. I know Amazon is already selling the Windows version for $20 less. That puts it just $10 over the Apple wireless keyboard. With no shipping or tax either.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scooper wrote:
It can be a royal PIA pairing the Apple wireless keyboard with a device after having it paired with another one.

The key is to unpair it first. Remove it from your list of Bluetooth devices.
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
The key is to unpair it first. Remove it from your list of Bluetooth devices.

Thats my problem with it, when I want to just use the Bluetooth Keyboard with the iPad its because I can't be bothered to turn on the Mac Mini and just want to sit somewhere else with the iPad. So having to turn the mini on to unpair the keyboard, sort of defeats the object of the exercise Confused Once the mini is on and booted I might as well use that.

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G
6TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 6TB Drobo S
b0bb

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, a small illuminated Mac keyboard that is not plasticky has been along time in coming. I was looking at the Moshi Luna, it is a little too big.
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Logitech Reply with quote

b0bb wrote:
Very nice, a small illuminated Mac keyboard that is not plasticky has been along time in coming. I was looking at the Moshi Luna, it is a little too big.
Why would Logitech copy the MTP it does not make sense.I can see the keyboard not the MTP.
gigaguy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now just need their version of the Magic Mouse. Actually my favorite control device by far. But the continual battery swaps has caused the battery door to no longer lock closed. A USB charging one would be better, even tho I use rechargeable batteries, you always have to load and unload them.
Pairing.unpairing is a pain, I now have 2 Mac Minis on the TV.
My mac set up is the sofa/TV with a Mini.
b0bb

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Logitech Reply with quote

[quote="marv777"]
b0bb wrote:
Why would Logitech copy the MTP it does not make sense.I can see the keyboard not the MTP.

The trackpad is a mystery considering the retail pricing is the same as the Apple one.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Logitech Reply with quote

[quote="b0bb"]
marv777 wrote:
b0bb wrote:

The trackpad is a mystery considering the retail pricing is the same as the Apple one.

Note that the trackpad can only be paired with one device at a time.
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Logitech Reply with quote

[quote="b0bb"]
marv777 wrote:
b0bb wrote:

For the same price I would buy the Apple one.This is weird on Logitech part.
Brendan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: Logitech Reply with quote

[quote="marv777"]
b0bb wrote:
marv777 wrote:
b0bb wrote:

For the same price I would buy the Apple one.This is weird on Logitech part.

The nice feature for me would be that you can plug it in to recharge (or leave it plugged in, I guess). I never move my MTP and would prefer not to have to change batteries. BTW, I am back to the mini community having recently purchased a 2012 i7 to replace my aging 2006 Mac Pro.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: