123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Releases OS X 10.8.2 Supplemental Update 2.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Apple Releases OS X 10.8.2 Supplemental Update 2.0 Reply with quote

Apple Releases OS X 10.8.2 Supplemental Update 2.0
Tuesday, November 20, 2012
Posted by: Staff

Apple has released the OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2 Supplemental Update 2.0 via their Mac App Store and website for direct download. According to the company, this update addresses an issue with Keychain that can affect 2012 Mac systems. It's recommended for all Mac systems introduced in 2012. The OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2 Supplemental Update 2.0 weighs in at 26.65MB and requires OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1934.html
aquaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if ML 10.8.3 and iTunes 11 will be released by the end of the month? It almost seems like they are running out of time for iTunes 11 with Thanksgiving upon us now.
scoobyrox

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: does not apply to 2012 mac mini Reply with quote

I have the new 2012 mac mini. This update is not available to 2012 mac mini. Maybe it is due to the hdmi issue. My display right now is horrible with hdmi connection. Also, I am trying to figure out why my desktop items is off the edge of the screen. In order to correct the problem, I have to press a button on the monitor and access one of its menu items. Not sure if it is due to the hdmi as well. I may try the mini displayport setup.
Badger

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:41 am    Post subject: Re: does not apply to 2012 mac mini Reply with quote

scoobyrox wrote:
I have the new 2012 mac mini. This update is not available to 2012 mac mini. Maybe it is due to the hdmi issue. My display right now is horrible with hdmi connection. Also, I am trying to figure out why my desktop items is off the edge of the screen. In order to correct the problem, I have to press a button on the monitor and access one of its menu items. Not sure if it is due to the hdmi as well. I may try the mini displayport setup.

I don't have the problem, but I would most definitely try the Thunderbolt side. There are way less problems being reported about using it. Plus, you can still send audio through it.
scoobyrox

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: does not apply to 2012 mac mini Reply with quote

Quote:

I don't have the problem, but I would most definitely try the Thunderbolt side. There are way less problems being reported about using it. Plus, you can still send audio through it.

I switched to a mini-displayport to dvi cable and then connect it to the apple's hdmi-dvi adapter that came with the mini. Screen quality was a vast improvement. I will have to use it some more to see if there will be the snow effect that people were talking about.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: