123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need replacement bottom base cover for 2011 Mac mini

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh T

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:14 am    Post subject: Need replacement bottom base cover for 2011 Mac mini Reply with quote

Does anyone know where I could find a bottom base cover for a 2011 Mac mini? Perhaps from a more reputable dealer in the United States. I know PowerbookMedic carries them, but they are currently out of stock.

http://www.powerbookmedic.com/Mac-Mini-Bottom-Cover-for-Model-A1347-p-22505.html
Smithcraft
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eBay?

SC

[Desktop] Intel mini - 2.16Ghz 2GB 60GB HDD - Newer miniStack v2 500GB - 10.5.8

[Media System] Intel i5 mini - 2.33Ghz 8GB 500GB HDD - 4 x Hitachi 2TB HDD in a qBOX-SF - 10.7.5 (Thanks Phil!)

Make sure it has pins!
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Need replacement bottom base cover for 2011 Mac mini Reply with quote

Josh T wrote:
Does anyone know where I could find a bottom base cover for a 2011 Mac mini? Perhaps from a more reputable dealer in the United States. I know PowerbookMedic carries them, but they are currently out of stock.

http://www.powerbookmedic.com/Mac-Mini-Bottom-Cover-for-Model-A1347-p-22505.html
Mac Mall might have this.
Josh T

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smithcraft wrote:
eBay?

SC

I'm not big into eBay, but I only see one listed at $60. I was hoping to find one for less money.

I can't believe that I'm even looking for one. My dog got a hold of mine while I was upgrading the hard drive. Now it's all chewed up on one side. It's not horrible, but I want one just in case I decide to sell it down the road.
geeji

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In stock and new at applecomponents.com (but ridiculously expensive for a 50 cents piece of plastic...).
Josh T

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

geeji wrote:
In stock and new at applecomponents.com (but ridiculously expensive for a 50 cents piece of plastic...).

Yeah, it's crazy expensive. Thanks for the link though.

If anyone finds one out there for less, please post the link. I'm going to wait a couple days before pulling the trigger on something.
curt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dog ate it! Been there done that. Laughing

Would something like this cover up the damage? I know it's not the same as having the original part, but it's only $5.00.

http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Newer%20Technology/NUPDBASEMM/
Smithcraft
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man! Apple parts have been expensive, but this takes the cake!

SC

[Desktop] Intel mini - 2.16Ghz 2GB 60GB HDD - Newer miniStack v2 500GB - 10.5.8

[Media System] Intel i5 mini - 2.33Ghz 8GB 500GB HDD - 4 x Hitachi 2TB HDD in a qBOX-SF - 10.7.5 (Thanks Phil!)

Make sure it has pins!
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Apple i phone Reply with quote

Smithcraft wrote:
Oh man! Apple parts have been expensive, but this takes the cake!

SC
Apple's parts are so overpriced it is not funny.
Josh T

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

curt wrote:
Would something like this cover up the damage? I know it's not the same as having the original part, but it's only $5.00.

I thank you for posting, but that wouldn't cover the marks. The damage (bite marks) is mostly on the beveled ring going around the base.

Yeah, Apple parts are pretty expensive. Powerbook Medic appears to keep them in check though. Their prices run from $10 to $25 for this part. That's not too bad. It also looks like they got some new ones in stock for the 2010 Mac mini. Does anyone know if that one will fit?
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: parts Reply with quote

Josh T wrote:
curt wrote:

I thank you for posting, but that wouldn't cover the marks. The damage (bite marks) is mostly on the beveled ring going around the base.

Yeah, Apple parts are pretty expensive. Powerbook Medic appears to keep them in check though. Their prices run from $10 to $25 for this part. That's not too bad. It also looks like they got some new ones in stock for the 2010 Mac mini. Does anyone know if that one will fit?
Perhaps you can call Apple and they will tell you the size you need for your mini.Just a shot.
geeji

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

curt wrote:
Yeah, Apple parts are pretty expensive. Powerbook Medic appears to keep them in check though.

The key word there is "appears".
When you select "Mid 2011/Late 2012 - New " on their web site, it is priced at $24.95... except that you cannot order it since it is "Out of stock" Crying or Very sad .
Did you say "bait and switch" ?
Powerbookmedic is cheaper only for used parts (which Apple cannot control).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: