123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Outage caused by Hurricane Sandy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Site Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Outage caused by Hurricane Sandy Reply with quote

Our server is up again!

Why the troubles today? Our server resides in the state of Connecticut and was brought down by power outages from hurricane Sandy. Then failed after our backup power ran out. There were also downstream issues blocking access to the internet after the power was restored. So, we're just happy that it's up again.

Thanks so much for your patience and understanding! We apologize for the inconvenience.

Our thoughts and prayers also go out to everyone in the Northeast! They really took a bad hit.

Charles
123Macmini.com

Last edited by admin on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
curt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your efforts! I was wondering what was going on.
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Outage cause by Hurricane Sandy Reply with quote

admin wrote:
Our server is up again!

Why the troubles today? Our server resides in the state of Connecticut and was brought down by power outages from hurricane Sandy. Then failed after our backup power ran out. There were also downstream issues blocking access to the internet after the power was restored. So, we're just happy that it's up again.

Thanks so much for your patience and understanding! We apologize for the inconvenience.

Our thoughts and prayers also go out to everyone in the Northeast! They really took a bad hit.

Charles
123Macmini.com
My thoughts exactly.This is just a site which is really not an emergency like what these people suffered during this storm and lost everything.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad everything is well.

I was worried that my request to decrease the delay time on the allowable time between server requests had impacted your server. ie. "You cannot make another search so soon after your last; please try again in a short while."

Again, I'm glad everything is going well.

BTW from a user standpoint, the site seems to operating very well with the current setting. I hope it remains up and running for many months to come.
Charles
News Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys!

Bandit Bill wrote:
I was worried that my request to decrease the delay time on the allowable time between server requests had impacted your server. ie. "You cannot make another search so soon after your last; please try again in a short while."

I could only wish that had been the problem. Smile

In all honesty, that setting should have been lowered a long time ago. It was increased when we were on an older server after a DoS type attack. I think we just forgot to lower it after the move. Thanks for bringing it to our attention though.

We might even be able to lower it more over the coming weeks. This server has far more available resources.

Charles
Y-Guy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up, glad the servers aren't under water!
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My parents had a fair amount of damage to their house. In fact, they lost almost all of the vinyl siding on one side. The rest of my family escaped any damage. Most were without power though.
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
My parents had a fair amount of damage to their house. In fact, they lost almost all of the vinyl siding on one side. The rest of my family escaped any damage. Most were without power though.
The main thing is your parents are alive and safe. the rest is just materials which can be replaced. Lives cannot.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marv777 wrote:
The main thing is your parents are alive and safe. the rest is just materials which can be replaced. Lives cannot.

You know it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Site Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: