123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hum from the audio jacks in back of the MM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Hum from the audio jacks in back of the MM Reply with quote

All of a sudden I hear hum coming out of my computer speakers which is connected to the MM. I disconnected the speakers and used the audio part of the MM and no hum at all. What is going on please? thanks
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually it sounds like you have a damaged headphone jack on the mac mini or that your mac mini's speaker cable is not making contact in the headphone jack i would try another headphone cable if at all possible if not try some new speakers or a head phone first and see if it continues if it does then your headphone jack is damaged and your mini needs servicing to fix
geeji

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure you have not change anything else at all just before the problem appeared ?
Usually, a loud hum comes from a ground loop.
Or as macmanmacman suggested, it could be a bad cable or an oxidized connector. If the latest, using some desoxidizing spray will cure the problem.
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Nose Reply with quote

macmanmacman wrote:
Actually it sounds like you have a damaged headphone jack on the mac mini or that your mac mini's speaker cable is not making contact in the headphone jack i would try another headphone cable if at all possible if not try some new speakers or a head phone first and see if it continues if it does then your headphone jack is damaged and your mini needs servicing to fix
It was the speakers at fault not the MM. The jack at the end was faulty and the wires were loose inside causing this hum.Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: