Joined: 21 Jan 2005
|Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:21 am Post subject: iFixit Posts Teardown of 2012 Mac Mini
|iFixit Posts Teardown of 2012 Mac Mini
Friday, October 26, 2012
Posted by: Staff
iFixit always puts together excellent teardowns of the latest gear from Apple. This time around, it's the new 2012 Mac mini getting the treatment. And like always, they have a ton of great pictures walking you through the entire process. And, to no big surprise, the Mac mini remains to be pretty easy to take apart. In fact, they are giving the 2012 Mac mini a score of 8 out of 10 in the repairability department.
Other notes taken away from the teardown include:
- There are no proprietary screws are found within the device.
- You can easily upgrade your RAM and hard drive, as well as add a secondary drive.
- There's no glue anywhere inside that needs to be removed while disassembling the Mac mini.
- The CPU is soldered to the logic board and not user-upgradeable.
- While not difficult to do, you still have to remove almost all the internals in order to replace the power supply.
So, check it out! It's probably going to be the best teardown you'll ever find of the 2012 Mac mini.