123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ivy Bridge Mac minis Coming Next Week?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
castaway

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet they don't even talk about the new iMacs and Mac minis. They will just be available or available for pre-order when the Apple Store comes back up. If the rumors are even true. Personally, I think this event will be all about the iPad mini and iBooks.
Squid3660

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to dust off the credit card. Oh yeah. It's on.
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: New Event Reply with quote

OGN wrote:
marv777 wrote:
scooper wrote:
There are so many rumors about this event. New iMacs, Mac minis, iTunes 11, a 13" MacBook Pro with retina display, and last but not least the iPad mini. That just seems like an awful lot for one event. They could always just throw them up on the store. I don't think everything is coming or will be covered though.
Perhaps you could be right . To much new merchandise coming out.

I feel the same way. That being said, It makes sense for Apple to update everything before the holiday shopping season. It puts them in a much strong position. Plus, there is going to be a total Windows 8 onslaught in a couple weeks. With tablets, laptops, desktops, AIOs and hybrid machines - you name it.
That is the computer field cannot keep up with the latest and greatest coming out.I wonder if the Mac mini will be more money now?
idave

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squid3660 wrote:

+1. I'm back and ready for a new Mac mini. I'm also thinking about buy an iPad mini for my wife. We just happen to be celebrating our 4th wedding anniversary on the 23rd.
2.0GHz Core 2 Duo Mac mini '09 (sold)
2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 Mac mini
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Mac Mini Reply with quote

idave wrote:
Squid3660 wrote:

+1. I'm back and ready for a new Mac mini. I'm also thinking about buy an iPad mini for my wife. We just happen to be celebrating our 4th wedding anniversary on the 23rd.
Good Luck maybe it will come out who knows really?
barbeeq

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm hoping for five things...

ivy bridge
usb 3.0
dedicated nvidia gpu in a model with a quad-core chip
4gb ram across the board (can be configured to 16gb)
7200rpm drives across the board
aquaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barbeeq wrote:

That is looking like a go if you believe 9to5mac.

http://9to5mac.com/2012/10/18/apple-is-doubling-its-built-to-order-ram-configurations-for-new-mac-minis-and-likely-imacs/
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Mac Mini Reply with quote

aquaman wrote:
barbeeq wrote:

That is looking like a go if you believe 9to5mac.

http://9to5mac.com/2012/10/18/apple-is-doubling-its-built-to-order-ram-configurations-for-new-mac-minis-and-likely-imacs/
How do these sites know what is really coming out if the resellers don't know themselves?
aquaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: Mac Mini Reply with quote

marv777 wrote:
How do these sites know what is really coming out if the resellers don't know themselves?

They probably have anonymous contacts within Apple or powerful retailers. The part suppliers and manufactures in China also leak info.

I would feel pretty good about it though. 9to5Mac is probably the best rumor site out there. Macrumors, Apple Insider, and others just follow their lead on this kind of stuff.
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Mac Mini Reply with quote

aquaman wrote:
marv777 wrote:

They probably have anonymous contacts within Apple or powerful retailers. The part suppliers and manufactures in China also leak info.

I would feel pretty good about it though. 9to5Mac is probably the best rumor site out there. Macrumors, Apple Insider, and others just follow their lead on this kind of stuff.
I thought everything Apple does is a big secret. This is confusing now giving information to certain resellers.
ez061111
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nothing confusing. we'll all know what's being released and what the configurations are when they're announced. nothing to get worked up over in my opinion.
3.5GHz 6C MP, D700s
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Confusing Reply with quote

ez061111 wrote:
nothing confusing. we'll all know what's being released and what the configurations are when they're announced. nothing to get worked up over in my opinion.
I am not really worked up but a lot of people especially where I live right away have to sell their MM and get the latest and greatest one which to me is dumb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: