123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to delete OpenDNS updater

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac OS X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
strawbale

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:02 am    Post subject: How to delete OpenDNS updater Reply with quote

Sorry to bother again...

Since http://www.123macmini.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=30822
I decided, at least for the moment, to give up on OpenDNS. Part of that is deleting the OpenDNS (dynamic IP address) updater that OpenDNS suggested to download and install.
With everything else related to OpenDNS removed, I think, this is the last thing. However, when trying to move it to Trash it says it's still open (confirmed in Activity Monitor), but how/why is that?
Is there any way of deleting it even when it says it's open or how can I force it to quit?

Thanks again for any advice!
strawbale

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found it, sorry - overlooked the Quit process option in Activity Monitor...
Aries86

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OpenDNS is a DNS provider and yet they break the RFC by not returning NXDOMAIN for invalid URLs. I can see you don't mind, but even ICANN disagree with you saying they "strongly discourages the use of DNS redirection" and it is also against EU data protection rules. Reputable is not what I would call them at all. They are in a grey area - but a lot closer to black than white.
FredGayle55

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really appreciate this post. Itís hard to sort the good from the bad sometimes, but I think youíve nailed it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac OS X All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: