123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NewerTech miniStack v2 [Updated Picture]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject: NewerTech miniStack v2 [Updated Picture] Reply with quote

NewerTech miniStack v2
Monday January 9, 2006

NewerTech will debut its upgraded design for the miniStack at this week's MacWorld Conference & Expo in San Francisco. The newly enhanced NewerTech miniStack v2 is engineered to increase drive capacity 80- to 500GB while adding multiple FireWire and USB port options ergonomically divided between rear and side configurations. All miniStack models feature data buffers of 2- or 8 Megabytes (MB), the latest Oxford911+ chipset and integrated 2-Port FireWire and 3-Port USB 2.0/1.1 powered hubs.

Each miniStack features a smart power switch so the drive turns on and off with its corresponding mini or PC and a thermal probe that automatically regulates and varies fan speed according to the temperature. The miniStack sells for less than $139.99 for an 80GB version and is available in capacities up to 500GB at 7200RPM. An "add your own hard drive" kit is also available for $79.99.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/416.html

Last edited by admin on Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: NewerTech miniStack v2 Reply with quote

admin wrote:
options ergonomically divided between rear and side configurations.

So v2 has side ports like the new LaCie mini?
NEMMRRC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: NewerTech miniStack v2 Reply with quote

admin wrote:
NewerTech miniStack v2
Monday January 9, 2006

NewerTech today announced an upgrade to its miniStack that debuts an upgraded design with enhanced feature placement. The newly enhanced NewerTech miniStack v2 is engineered to increase drive capacity 80- to 500GB while adding multiple FireWire and USB port options ergonomically divided between rear and side configurations.

Oh No!

Are these new side ports a new trend for these devices?! Shocked
(see http://www.123macmini.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3122)

Jaime
NEMMRRC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: NewerTech miniStack v2 Reply with quote

devo wrote:
admin wrote:

I went to the NewerTech site to confirm but I could not find information (photos) about the new version of the miniStack.

Jaime
Scarpad

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figures they'd update it right after I bought one.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: NewerTech miniStack v2 Reply with quote

NEMMRRC wrote:
devo wrote:
admin wrote:

I went to the NewerTech site to confirm but I could not find information (photos) about the new version of the miniStack.

Jaime

I haven't seen any pictures. I think we might be seeing a new trend of ports on the sides. I wonder if these companies caught word of a new Mac mini having side ports or something.

Scarpad wrote:

I know the feeling!
Yvan256
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: NewerTech miniStack v2 Reply with quote

NEMMRRC wrote:

Can't find anything about it on their website either... Why are companies releasing new products that get announced on other websites before even updating theirs?

I also smell side ports for the next Mac mini tomorrow... (two companies with new ports on the side, a few days apart... something's not right).

Edit: no new Mac mini at MWSF2006...

Last edited by Yvan256 on Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: NewerTech miniStack v2 Reply with quote

Yvan256 wrote:

I also smell side ports for the next Mac mini tomorrow... (two companies with new ports on the side, a few days apart... something's not right).

I'm glad to see someone else on the same page. Doesn't anyone else find that a little odd?
ack_mac
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: NewerTech miniStack v2 Reply with quote

devo wrote:
Yvan256 wrote:

I'm glad to see someone else on the same page. Doesn't anyone else find that a little odd?

It does sound very coincidental, but would Apple even share details of their new upcoming producsts with a company like NewerTech?
NEMMRRC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scarpad wrote:

Not only did they update them, they are knocking down the price on the orignal models. Don't you just hate technology?!

Jaime
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: NewerTech miniStack v2 Reply with quote

ack_mac wrote:

It does sound very coincidental, but would Apple even share details of their new upcoming producsts with a company like NewerTech?

I doubt companies like NewerTech or LaCie would know much about Apple's plans with the mini. It could be that LaCie and NewerTech found out what the other one was doing from their manufacturers overseas in China or Japan. I guess we'll all find out tomorrow!

Last edited by devo on Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yvan256
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Mac mini or not, these two new hubs mess up my plans a bit. Time to redesign, I guess (and just in time, production was about to begin).

In the meantime, you can visit my company's website: Cinnamon Peripherals.

Last edited by Yvan256 on Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Tyg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:08 am    Post subject: MiniStack Reply with quote

I hope they improve the quality of the new version. I ordered the first revision, nowhere near the quality of the Mac Mini case, not quite the same dimensions, flimsy top cover and worse, the fan is so loud it is baiscally unbearable. Inexpensive USB and FW hub with good mass storage capabilites but cheap design and way too noisy ! They have a long way to go ...
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewerTech just sent us a picture of the miniStack v2.

Brian
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

admin wrote:

NewerTech just sent us a picture of the miniStack v2.

Brian

That looks good. I wouldn't mind having two side ports like that on mine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: