123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fan Noise

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Fan Noise Reply with quote

This just happened to day. I own the Mac Mini for almost 10 months.I downloaded a game called Gutterball from the Appstore and after this happened I opened up the App and the fan was really making noise about 6200 RPM. I deleted the app and now no noise at all. Why did this happen I wonder. I downloaded other games and never did I hear the fan noise like that. Thanks
ez061111
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not knowing which mini you have, it either made the processor work or if you have a GPU it put that to some work. All normal, game on.
3.5GHz 6C MP, D700s
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Mac Mini Reply with quote

ez061111 wrote:
Not knowing which mini you have, it either made the processor work or if you have a GPU it put that to some work. All normal, game on.
I own the 2011 MM i 5 unit.I thought the mac Mini is a powerful little pc? Thanks
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually if you have a game that is graphics intensive you will kick on the fan it's a safety fail safe to prevent issues while playing your game the 2011 and the 2012 both do it so you dont blow anything
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: