123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Intros New iPod Touch and iPod Nano

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Apple Intros New iPod Touch and iPod Nano Reply with quote

Apple Intros New iPod Touch and iPod Nano
Wednesday, September 12, 2012
Posted by: Staff

Apple today introduced an all new iPod touch and iPod nano. The new iPod touch is the thinnest iPod touch ever and features a 4-inch Retina display, 5 megapixel iSight camera with 1080p HD video recording, an A5 chip, Siri and iOS 6. It comes in a new ultra-thin and light anodized aluminum design, and for the first time ever, iPod touch comes in five vibrant colors. The new iPod nano is the thinnest iPod ever featuring a 2.5-inch Multi-Touch display, convenient navigation buttons and built-in Bluetooth for wireless listening. It's available in seven colors.

"With over 350 million sold, iPod is the world's most popular and beloved music player," said Philip Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. "Music lovers may have a difficult time deciding between the reinvented iPod nano, the thinnest iPod ever, and the all-new iPod touch with its stunning 4-inch Retina display, 5 megapixel iSight camera and ultra-thin design - both in beautiful new colors."

The new iPod touch has been redesigned with a brilliant 4-inch Retina display in an ultra-thin and light anodized aluminum body - the thinnest iPod touch ever at just 6 mm thin and weighing just 88 grams. With Apple's dual-core A5 chip inside, iPod touch delivers up to twice the processing power and up to seven times faster graphics than the fourth generation iPod touch, all while maintaining incredible battery life of up to 40 hours of music playback and up to eight hours of video playback. And, for the first time ever, iPod touch is available in five vibrant colors.

The new iPod touch includes a 5 megapixel iSight camera with autofocus, support for 1080p video recording with video image stabilization, face detection and an LED flash, and the new panorama feature that lets you capture gorgeous panoramic photos by simply moving the camera across a scene. Every new iPod touch comes with a color-matched iPod touch loop, a clever and convenient wrist strap you can use while taking photos, recording video and playing games.

The new iPod touch comes with iOS 6, the world's most advanced mobile operating system with over 200 features, and for the first time, features Siri, the intelligent assistant that helps you get things done just by asking. Siri arrives on the new iPod touch with support for more languages, easy access to sports scores, restaurant recommendations and movie listings. The new iPod touch also includes: built-in Facebook integration with ability to post directly from Siri; Shared Photo Streams via iCloud; and other key iOS features like iMessage, FaceTime, Mail and Game Center. Now you can wirelessly display your iPod touch screen right on your HDTV with AirPlay Mirroring, allowing you to stream photos, videos, music, apps and play games on your big screen TV.

Pre-orders for the new iPod touch in pink, yellow, blue, white & silver, black & slate begin September 14 through the Apple Online Store for a suggested price of $299 for the 32GB model and $399 for the 64GB model.

The reinvented iPod nano is the thinnest iPod ever, at just 5 mm, and features the largest display ever built into an iPod nano, allowing you to enjoy more of your music, photos and widescreen videos. The new iPod nano features a 2.5-inch Multi-Touch display to make navigating your music even easier; a home button to quickly get back to your home screen; and convenient buttons to easily control volume and quickly play, pause or change songs without looking.

The new iPod nano also gives music lovers built-in Bluetooth for wireless listening with Bluetooth-enabled headphones, speakers and cars. At 30 hours, the new iPod nano offers the longest music playback of any iPod nano so you can enjoy your playlists and FM radio even longer. With built-in fitness features including a pedometer and support for Nike+, iPod nano users will be ready to take their music walking, running or anywhere they like. The new iPod nano comes in seven gorgeous new colors with fun color-matched wallpapers.

The new iPod nano will be available in October in pink, yellow, blue, green, purple, silver and slate for a suggested price of $149.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/1877.html
WheelSpinners
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm liking the new iPod nano a lot better than the old one. You can actually watch video again. I just wish that it had a little camera for taking video and stuff. I hate carrying extra stuff when working out.
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the new nanos look nicer. I really like the touch too. I have no idea on earth how it's going to compete with devices like the Nexus 7 and Kindle fire though. At least at $299.
blazer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new iPod touch looks tight. I would probably be more interested in buying on at the $199 price point though. The new iPod nano, on the other hand, looks horrible to me. Not so much the design and UI. More the double shot like coloring. It just looks like something from Nokia.
2.5GHz Core i5 Mac mini (2011)
24" Dell LCD & 42" Sharp TV
EyeTV 250 Plus
1G, 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G iPod nanos
16GB 3G iPhone
scooper
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's hoping that a couple Macs get "renanoed" soon. Smile
ESUNintel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blazer wrote:
It just looks like something from Nokia.

That's what I thought when I first saw it - but I don't mind the design; the Lumia 900 and upcoming 920 are great phones with a cool design.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the black nano looks good. I think the other colors will appeal to women and children. I have found women (who work out) and children to be the largest buyers of nanos in my store, so I think they will go over well.

Personally, I think Apple should have color matched the plastic in all the models to the case color, like they did in the black. However, Woman and children tend to favor white iPods and iPads. My guess is Apple knows what they are doing.

They all may look better in person. I'm sure I'll like a few of them, once I see them.
Grover Time

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the new iPod touch looks awesome, but it's just priced wrong too high. And what's a starting price of $299 mean for pricing the iPad mini? A price of $399? That's only a $100 less than the iPad, which has all of the features you want. Minus perhaps the portability of smaller devices. Oh well, interesting times ahead.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grover Time wrote:
I think the new iPod touch looks awesome, but it's just priced wrong too high. And what's a starting price of $299 mean for pricing the iPad mini? A price of $399? That's only a $100 less than the iPad, which has all of the features you want. Minus perhaps the portability of smaller devices. Oh well, interesting times ahead.

When has Apple's pricing strategy been any different? It's always been a case of... if I just spend a little bit more... I get all this. Apple prices electronics like 7-11 prices fountain drinks. They want you to buy the Super Big Gulp (even if you're not that thirsty).
slickrick

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt that I will be a buyer of either product, but its nice to see Apple finally beef up the camera capabilities of the iPod touch. It should especially be nice for kids, too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: