123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What a difference more memory makes
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Upgrading
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LeChuck

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Ram Reply with quote

marv777 wrote:
LeChuck wrote:
marv777 wrote:
Which is a better Ram to buy Corsair or Cruciable for the 2011 Mac Mini? Thanks Any responses to this? Question

I also would like to know this.

OWC offers up to a 16 GB memory upgrade kit. Does anybody know which brand the memory is?
Won't the company tell you this? Try Googling it perhaps.

If we all were googling everything, we could just put away with all forums and pick our noses instead. Did you google your own question? Wink
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Ram Reply with quote

LeChuck wrote:
marv777 wrote:
LeChuck wrote:
marv777 wrote:
Which is a better Ram to buy Corsair or Cruciable for the 2011 Mac Mini? Thanks Any responses to this? Question

OWC offers up to a 16 GB memory upgrade kit. Does anybody know which brand the memory is?

If we all were googling everything, we could just put away with all forums and pick our noses instead. Did you google your own question? Wink
That is the problem we cannot think any longer without this dam computer doing it for us. You have a phone call the company. make some effort on your part.
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Ram Reply with quote

marv777 wrote:
LeChuck wrote:
marv777 wrote:
LeChuck wrote:
marv777 wrote:

That is the problem we cannot think any longer without this dam computer doing it for us. You have a phone call the company. make some effort on your part.
I wasn't trying to be a wise guy. I think everyone should help each other out here.I know Kingston is mediocre Ram.marv
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Ram Reply with quote

Grasshopper wrote:
True, RAM makes a huge difference. Do you want to know what else does? Putting a SSD in your 2011 Mac mini. I just bought an 256GB Samsung 830 series SSD from Newegg and it's made even more of a difference. Applications almost open instantly and startup times are insanely fast. The upgrade didn't hit my wallet that hard either. I only paid $189 for the drive after getting $60 off with a promo discount. Which happens to end today, by the way. Get one if you can!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147164
Ram is cheap that is why Apple uses the cheapest Ram possible which is Hynix costing $4 each stick.Pretty sad indeed cheaper than Kingston also.SSD are good but i heard their life expectancy is not that good compared to the HD.
Mm

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree with the comment above that 2 Gigs is enough for Lion. The 2011 Mini I had shipped with 2 gigs was a dog until I upped it to 4. Added an SSD and it flies.
mini #1: 1.4 Ghz, 1 GB RAM, 80 GB HD
mini #2: Late 2009 mini. 2.53 Ghz, 500 GB 7200 rpm HD. 4 GB RAM. Geekbench=3526
Black MacBook 2.4 Ghz
iMac G5 2.0 Ghz, 2 GB RAM, 250 Gb HD
Cube 1.4 ghz.
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mm wrote:
I disagree with the comment above that 2 Gigs is enough for Lion. The 2011 Mini I had shipped with 2 gigs was a dog until I upped it to 4. Added an SSD and it flies.
I have a 2011 MM and it had 2 gigs before I upped it to 8 gigs and before that using LION OS I never had a problem.I have no SSD at all just the plain HD.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Upgrading All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: